IRL (In Real Life) > Books & Reading

Looking for a book?

(1/2) > >>

Jarhead0331:
If you're looking for a recommendation for your library, post it here.

I'll start...Lately, I've been in the mood for something beefy about the first Gulf War. Does anybody have any good recommendations for a detailed reference book covering Desert Shield/Desert Storm? I'm talking about a reference type book with maps, charts, OOBs, etc.

I've done general searches on google, amazon and other commercial sources and have not found anything that appears to be the reference style I am looking for.

Thanks.

bobarossa:
Looked through the bibliography of Atkinson's Crusade.  Not sure how accessable it is but it listed Certain Victory: The American Army in the Gulf War by the US Army Special Study Group, February 1993 (draft).  There is also listed The United States Navy in Desert Shield/Desert Storm by the Department of the Navy, May 1991.

Jarhead0331:

--- Quote from: bobarossa on August 10, 2021, 08:01:39 AM ---Looked through the bibliography of Atkinson's Crusade.  Not sure how accessable it is but it listed Certain Victory: The American Army in the Gulf War by the US Army Special Study Group, February 1993 (draft).  There is also listed The United States Navy in Desert Shield/Desert Storm by the Department of the Navy, May 1991.

--- End quote ---

Ah. Good idea to check the bibliography. I have Crusade somewhere.

Dammit Carl!:
Not certain on the beefiness of it, but iirc, GDW put out a Desert Shield/Desert Storm book - pretty sure (if Twilight 2k is any indication) there'd be charts, maps and all sorts of crunchy stuffs.

Downside is that you'd have to get it used, if you can even find it at all.

Tripoli:
How about the US Army history of the Gulf War? https://history.army.mil/html/books/070/70-117-1/index.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version