Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toonces

Could've been 9 months.  Even that seems kind of surreal.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

Depends on what your start date is. For the Donbas we could say the war started in 2014.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

GDS_Starfury

so it seems the Ukraine is getting Patriots.  :bd:

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

GDS_Starfury

Skoop

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on December 13, 2022, 02:06:59 PM
so it seems the Ukraine is getting Patriots.  :bd:

Interesting, I wonder if they place the patriots in Kharkov close to the Russian boarder, if the patriots will reach into Russia and swat at those mig 31s launching hypersonics and long range A2A missiles.  Not sure if they have the range, but they'll definitely swat incoming cruise missiles.

GDS_Starfury

me thinks theyll be somewhere in the middle ground.  just the optics of shooting down anything over russian territory might be worth the risk.

Windigo

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on December 13, 2022, 03:37:16 PM
me thinks theyll be somewhere in the middle ground.  just the optics of shooting down anything over russian territory might be worth the risk.

I love the idea of those bad boys just being there.

BTW, I wonder when the UAF are going to send some more of their own homegrown missle teck into Russia for testing purposes of course.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

FarAway Sooner

The war is in its eleventh (calendar) month.  But it's only been going on for a little less than 10 months.

Crossroads

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on December 13, 2022, 02:21:07 PM
traversing mud in a ML-TB  :o

https://twitter.com/i/status/1602735572585697280

Wow, that's an MT-LBv even, with wide tracks, and it's going nowhere! I guess we can safely conclude that maneuvering season is off.

The wide-tracked version has a feather light ground pressure at 4 Psi, half of that of a foot-mobile person just by himself, no gear. The latest up-armored Bradley IFV has 10 Psi, having just googled it out of curiosity.

MT-LBv are used by Russia's arctic forces, for instance the 80th MRB near Murmanks. Also in use by Finnish Army, with a reputation that if it gets stuck, nothing else will move either.

Edit: Well, had to check, Bv206 all terrain carrier's got a ground pressure of 2 Psi, so half of MT-LBv. But then again it is designed for such a special role. Not sure if even those would work there, the ground looks incredibly soft there.

Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Gusington

If the winter in Eastern Europe shapes up to be anything like the one here in semi upstate NY...it's going to be a long one. This has already been a December to remember weather wise.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

And I hear another big storm is on the way.  :hide:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Yeah, ice...the worst. And of course that finishes off a week of The Wife traveling for work, so she'll be delayed one more day...much like Russian success on the battlefield.

And an even bigger storm is predicted for next week, right around Christmas, for the northeast.

All that said I do not know if the winter has been unusual in any way for eastern Ukraine or just your regular brutal one so far.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Tripoli

Here's an podcast with CNA analyst Michael Kofman on the upcoming winter events.  Well worth the listen: https://warontherocks.com/2022/12/winter-and-beyond-an-inflection-point-in-the-war-over-ukraine/
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln