MIGMaster

If you are you should check out this site for excellent information :

http://gpuboss.com/

TheCommandTent

Quote from: MIGMaster on March 19, 2013, 09:26:36 AM
If you are you should check out this site for excellent information :

http://gpuboss.com/

Thanks for the link.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

MIGMaster

There is also a http://cpuboss.com/ for those interested in more geekiness.....

GDS_Starfury

I just cant go intel.  for me its like buying apple products.  ick
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

MIGMaster

You're preaching to the choir here, Brother ! I haven't used an iNtel chip since 1994. Supposedly the i5 core is the best bang per buck for gaming, but I'll be sticking with AMD....

Bison

I actually tested out the last generation Intel HD4000 on a macbook before I exchanged that macbook.   It handled what I threw at it surprisingly well.  I played CMBN, Borderlands 2, and L4D2 without an issue.  Maybe not the most graphic intensive games out there but it certainly proves that integrated chips have come a long way.

GDS_Starfury

either way your going to be good to go.  it was when I started building my own pc's that I found the AMD/Asus/Ati/Corsair/Antec combo to work best.  lower heat, lower energy, lower cost and easier maintence.  now that AMD owns ATI I feel that theres also a better vertical intergration as well.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

bob48

This is interesting because I've always gone nVidia, but I now have an AMD 6670 HD, and so far, I've not been that impressed with it. Mind you, I have not tried any over-clocking yet, so its running on the defaul settings. I was thinking of going back to nVidia, but have not really checked out the models that I can bung in and that (a) don't need a bigger PSU, and (b) are within my price range.

Its possible that I may get better performance out of the 6670 if I tinkered with the settings, but I'm not that confident in my abilities in that respect.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Bison

I'd been an AMD/ATI guy for a long time, but I recently switch over to intel/nvidia and I'm just as happy with the performance.  I think the differences in performance between equal tiers of nvidai/ati gpu over blown.  A fps one way or the other depending on the game.

bob48

Yeah, Bison. I suspect that you are correct. Maybe with very high-end systems (which mine aint) and top-flight GPU's there is a noticable difference in perfomance.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!