Main Menu

Keyboards

Started by Bison, May 15, 2013, 05:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

I'm not really a keyboard snob, but needed something with a longer usb cord.  The old one, which I really liked came with a previous computer and has served me well, but the cable was always just too short.  So I decided to splurge a little over $30 and buy a new one.  I decided to go with the Logitech K310.  It's a washable keyboard!  Woot!  No more crumbs being stuck under the keys or worry about spilling my coffee on it!  And it comes with a 5' 9" usb cord so now I can really kickback, put my feet up and game or surf the intrawebs with my keyboard on my lap.

I could live without the baby blue back but you never see that part anyway.  So far I love this thing.

TheCommandTent

I like the idea of it being washable.  You will have to let us know how it holds up.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Bison

Well I'm most likely never going to dunk it into a sink like you see in the photo but the way the keys are setup it's very easy to clean dust and crumbs from under them.  It even comes with a little keyboard brush thingy!

Staggerwing

How is the key action? Is it one of those 'soft/short' kind or is it clicky-clacky with lots of tactile feedback?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Bison

Quote from: Staggerwing on May 15, 2013, 07:10:52 PM
How is the key action? Is it one of those 'soft/short' kind or is it clicky-clacky with lots of tactile feedback?

It's more in the clicky-clacky with tactile feedback, but it's not as loud as some mechanical keyboards.  It's very much like a Mac keyboard with more a more solid key stroke feel.

Staggerwing

Thanks, I may need to check it out. I'm not sure how much more coffee and beer my present keyboard can take...
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: TheCommandTent on May 15, 2013, 05:32:07 PM
I like the idea of it being washable.  You will have to let us know how it holds up.

Im scared to know your browser history.

and thats saying something!
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Hiimori

Wow! A washable keyboard is certainly very helpful - it should also be waterproof against tea and beer! Never heard about this before.

Btw, if you want to use a keyboard or mouse with a short cable (I love my MS soft curve keyboard and I hate wireless keyboards because the batteries are always empty), you could also buy an USB extension cable - much cheaper than a new keyboard  8)
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

Bison

This is the best keyboard ever.

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Bison on May 17, 2013, 10:41:34 PM

Could you elaborate on that?
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

LongBlade

Quote from: TheCommandTent on May 18, 2013, 07:34:22 AM
Quote from: Bison on May 17, 2013, 10:41:34 PM

Could you elaborate on that?

I think he did more than just elaborate on it.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Bison

I ate popcorn last night.  No need to worry about the crumbs.  Just tilted the keyboard over my trash can and no more mess.  It also has and outstanding typing feel.