Dawn of the Grog: Early Age game (in progress)

Started by Phobos, May 21, 2013, 06:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philippe

I'd like to sign up for EA Abysia, if that's still an option.

And assuming that it is, just wanted to mention that I dislike scrolling maps (though I could probably live with it) and dislike tunnels, though not quite as much.  Independants at 7 is good, but at 9 is probably better.
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.

Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

Phobos

Quote from: Philippe on May 23, 2013, 08:12:54 PM
I'd like to sign up for EA Abysia, if that's still an option.

And assuming that it is, just wanted to mention that I dislike scrolling maps (though I could probably live with it) and dislike tunnels, though not quite as much.  Independants at 7 is good, but at 9 is probably better.

No problem.  Thanks for joining.

I'll increase independent strength to 9, unless there are any objections.  If there are, I'll put the matter to a vote.

I may also look for a map slightly larger than Shadowshore, now that we have 10 players.  I should easily be able to find a square map, with no wrap-around borders, that suits our purposes.  It should also provide some leeway, if there is any last minute interest in this game. 

I will try to finalise recruitment and get the game set up on llamaserver, after I finish work today (approx. 6 hours from this post).  That should give us the weekend to work out the rest of the details.   

Phobos

Unless someone has another preference, I think we'll use Land of Legends for the game map.  It has 135 provinces., a number of chokepoints and port provinces that connect the central isle to the outer ring.

download link

Phobos

Ok, game is up on llamaserver.  The original post has been updated and has links to the map and mod.

Please check your pretender before submitting.  Ensure that "other people's mods 6" is the only mod enabled when you create your pretender.  The game will technically start once everyone has their pretender file in.  The game will not officially start until everyone has received their first turn and we can confirm there are no issues.  If there are any issues, please let me know, so we can resolve them promptly.

Once the game has officially started, I'll send the admin password to the co-admin, Beelzeboss.  If you require an extension or are having issues, let us know in the thread or via private message.  I'll try to keep an eye on the timer to prevent the next turn progressing, if it appears someone will silently have a stale turn.

The mod we are using makes a few changes to the Pretender Gods available to nations, in addition to some of the endgame units.  I can try to provide some impartial advice if you are having any difficulties.  I can also attempt to provide some technical advice if you would like assistance.

/wall of text.

JasonPratt

{Australian voice} Pft, you call that a wall of text? That isn't a wall of text. Now that's a wall of text. {/Aussievoice}
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

byrdman57

Just want to note that I'm currently lacking Internet access (except my phone, which can't run dominions) so I won't be able to submit my pretender until mid-week.

Phobos

No problem.  Thanks for letting everyone know.  I guess people can use the time to test their preferred strategies.  I can also leave recruitment open for a little longer.

parone

is there any room here?  if is very possible my 'big game' over at dommods is all done(it sure should be), in which case, i'd be in a good position to start another game!

Philippe

A question about graphics mods.

Which ones can I and/or should I set as enabled when I create my pretender?

ScottWAR

I don't think you need to have any of the graphics mods enabled. At least I hope not otherwise I will need to re submit my pretender,...because I am only using the OPP,.. I mean OPM mod.

undercovergeek

Quote from: Philippe on May 25, 2013, 09:35:07 AM
A question about graphics mods.

Which ones can I and/or should I set as enabled when I create my pretender?

i dont think jason confirmed it but AFAIK no graphic mods are required

Philippe

Not trying to not use graphics mods.

My problem in my last game was that I rushed into Pretender creation before I had enabled the graphics mods that I wanted to use, and was stuck looking at vanilla graphics for the duration.

What I wanted to know was whether the three graphics mods that I wanted to use in Groghammer but didn't because of my lack of experience would overwrite some part of any graphics that were in use in this game.

At a very minimum, I much prefer looking at the modded standards.

Phobos

Quote from: parone on May 25, 2013, 06:47:32 AM
is there any room here?  if is very possible my 'big game' over at dommods is all done(it sure should be), in which case, i'd be in a good position to start another game!

Sure.  From memory, you wanted EA C'Tis.  I'll wait until you confirm before I lock in that nation choice.

Regarding graphics mods, it is not a problem for me to enable them.  You will not need to re-submit your pretender if you have already done so, but you will need to download the relevant mods before you start the game.

I'll update the game settings on llamaserver and provide links to the sprite mods once I have some spare time, later this morning.

Phobos

updated.  Links to the sprite mods are in the first post.  You will need to extract them into your ...dominions/mods folder before the game starts.

Philippe

There was also something called the Upgraded Sprites Mod that was mentioned in the Groghammer game.

I have that as well as the two other graphics mods installed in my setup.

I believe (perhaps wrongly) that it won't make any difference to the running of the game.  I'll probably be singing a different tune when the lamaserver starts rejecting my turns.

In the meantime, does anyone know what the effect of using the Upgraded Sprites Mod along with the other two graphics mods that have been linked to is?  Is it by any chance already included in one of the other two?