Main Menu

HELP - STEAM!!

Started by bob48, June 17, 2013, 04:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob48

As Mike suggested, I let it do a complete scan / error check, and then left it alone - I was pretty p*ssed-off with it, and still could not even reinstall Steam.

So, this afternoon, while I was at work, Mrs.B sat without an impatient me interrupting her, and sorted the whole thing out and now I'm up and running again. What a woman!

I had saved my game files to a temporary folder, and, after sticking them back in the right places in the Steam directory, I now seem be be all sorted out again.

Many thanks for all your help guys - you're a wonderful bunch!
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Gusington

Hold on...the wife fixed it for you??? Oh Bawb...

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

yeah, i wouldnt have said that out loud either

Bison

Oh give bob a break, he's most likely suffering from post frying pan concussions.

undercovergeek

Quote from: Bison on June 20, 2013, 03:00:43 AM
Oh give bob a break, he's most likely suffering from post frying pan concussions.

its tantamount to been castrated - second only to 'she fixed the car'

Dont worry about the concussions, like Worzel Gummidge, Bob has different heads - when he gets in he puts on the 'at home' head - its reinforced at the back

..............but knows fk all about PCs

undercovergeek

bob48

Quote from: Gusington on June 19, 2013, 05:27:44 PM

I tell you what mate, she's better at sorting PC problems out than I am. I'm too impatient whereas she will niggle away at a problem until she gets it sorted out. I can only bow to her obvious superior abilities. ;)

'Clip those corners'

bob48

Quote from: undercovergeek on June 20, 2013, 03:13:34 AM

its tantamount to been castrated - second only to 'she fixed the car'

Dont worry about the concussions, like Worzel Gummidge, Bob has different heads - when he gets in he puts on the 'at home' head - its reinforced at the back

..............but knows fk all about PCs

LOL, ROFL, ILMAO

Git!

'Clip those corners'

bob48

At least I get some sympathy and a little understanding off someone here.

'Clip those corners'

Gusington

Because you're Bawb you'll get a pass. Anyone else here you have immediately been labeled a fairy.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bob48

Quote from: Gusington on June 20, 2013, 11:44:22 AM
Because you're Bawb you'll get a pass. Anyone else here you have immediately been labeled a fairy.

And have my man card surgically removed?

'Clip those corners'

Windigo

My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

bob48

Quote from: Windigo on June 24, 2013, 04:18:28 PM
Quote from: Gusington on June 19, 2013, 05:27:44 PM

Yes, yes - I know -Oh the humiliation - but better'n going without a PC or paying some bugger to fix it.......
...and, to be fair - its also better'n being clouted alongside the cranium with a you-know-what.....

'Clip those corners'

Gusington

^Can't argue with that. I do know that you getting bonked is not as bad as say, me getting bonked, since you flaunted your mane of flowing locks in that picture yesterday. Just to make us bald guys feel worse.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

bob48

A smooth head really suits some people (men, mainly - har, har), and I'm sure you fit into that catagory Gussy.

If I don't get a haircut at leat ever 5-6 weeks I start to look like an aged hippy :D

'Clip those corners'