Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MOS:96B2P

From Combat Mission Red Thunder.

al_infierno

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Rayfer

Gusington

+2 - that second shot is the moneymaker!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Oh my F*CKING God. I have found what al was discussing a few pages back about...babies...in Resident Evil: Village. It is one of the more disturbing things I've seen in a game since The Shalebridge Cradle level in Thief 3. Would anyone like to see a screenshot?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

Quote from: Gusington on November 08, 2021, 09:01:42 PM
Oh my F*CKING God. I have found what al was discussing a few pages back about...babies...in Resident Evil: Village. It is one of the more disturbing things I've seen in a game since The Shalebridge Cradle level in Thief 3. Would anyone like to see a screenshot?

:2funny:  I reacted similarly, that "boss" was the only time in a video game where I was frozen with genuine awe at the horror I was beholding, and got eaten before I realized I wasn't watching a cutscene and was supposed to run away.

I vote for posting the screens.  O0
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

Ok once I get back to my machine later tonight I will post an image of this...thing. The audio was the real horror. Whoever put that together should get a raise, or be locked in a rubber room.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Not looking. NOT Looking, NOT LOOKING!  :hide:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Probably won't be on my machine tonight, real life strikes. Tomorrow or Thursday! 💀

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

I don't think a screenshot really does this moment justice, mainly because there is no audio or atmospherics. But...here you go.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Bad Baby! Bad, bad, BAD! No ninny for you!

Gusington

The audio that goes along with this is...quite troubling. RE: Village is so f'd up but I can't stop playing!!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

It was a stroke of genius to use real baby babbling sounds and distort them to an unsettling degree.  It's so much more disturbing than an actor pretending to cry!  I wonder which of the devs mic'd up their young child for the big gross game boss.

- MengJiao

Gusington

^I was thinking the same thing. I'm sure there's some digital shop out there where you can purchase 'baby sounds' amongst like 1 trillion other sounds, like shops that sell generic images.

I took that shot Monday I think and have progressed further and it gets so much more f'd and Lovecraftian. I love it and sh*t my pants at the same time.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd