For those of us with nVidia cards

Started by WallysWorld, April 02, 2014, 01:52:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WallysWorld

The drivers to be released this month are supposedly promising to give a decent increase in performance for DX11 games.

"Remember the wonder driver from Nvidia that showed massive performance increases on the DX11 API? Well we have some more information on that front. Nvidia has revealed in its GTC conference that it will be releasing said driver sometime in April and its nomenclature will be "337.xx".

http://wccftech.com/nvidias-dx11-driver-337xx-arrive-april/

"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Mr. Bigglesworth

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

Capn Darwin

Good news. I want to get one of their new cards for my main machine once I survive the tax man.
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

WallysWorld

The 337.50 beta driver will be released Monday and it appears there will also be a performance increase for DX9 games as Skyrim is a DX9 game.
I have a 660 Ti so I'm hoping for a increase.

New in GeForce 337.50 Beta drivers
Performance - Introduces key DirectX optimizations which result in reduced game-loading times and significant performance increases across a wide variety of games. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration. Here are some examples of measured gains versus the previous 335.23 WHQL driver:

GeForce GTX 700 Series (Single GPU):

Up to 64% in Total War: Rome II
        Up to 25% in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
        Up to 23% in Sleeping Dogs
        Up to 21% in Star Swarm
        Up to 15% in Batman: Arkham Origins
        Up to 10% in Metro: Last Light
        Up to 8% in Hitman Absolution
        Up to 7% in Sniper Elite V2
        Up to 6% in Tomb Raider
        Up to 6% in F1 2013

http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/74735
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson