Just Call Me Friday, In The Morning Baby...

Started by W8taminute, January 12, 2024, 04:03:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: Toonces on January 13, 2024, 08:22:59 AMMan, MiG Alley was awesome.  Oh, please Microsoft....please...

You damn right.

(fond memories of making my P-80 into the sexiest lawn dart after diving at speed, hearing a "boom," and noting that indeed, my wings were not up to such a zany move after all...gotta respect that in a sim.)

W8taminute

Well I did break down and bought Skies Above the Great War over the weekend.

Game is still in early access and quite buggy at that.  I've posted some of my findings over at Steam and the developer has responded. 

Game is somewhat playable in it's current state but only if you limit your session to one continuous play through.  Save game files don't seem to retain campaign situation upon reload. 

I have hope for this game but if you're on the fence I advise to wait a bit. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

^I bought it to support the idea for now, something I rarely do...but once/if it gets finished it looks like it would be a dream game for me.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Quote from: Gusington on January 16, 2024, 12:56:36 PM^I bought it to support the idea for now, something I rarely do...but once/if it gets finished it looks like it would be a dream game for me.

That's what made me ultimately decide to buy.  This guy seems honest and I also want to support him.  Even with the bugs I so can tell this is going to be an addicting game once it's finished. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk