Matrix sale is up and runs until January 12th, 2020

Started by Geezer, November 26, 2019, 10:15:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

Has anyone played the current version of Wars of Napoleon? Is it any better, worse, worth the sale price? I see mixed reviews at Steam but nothing new in the way of YouTube videos good or bad.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Blucher

Quote from: Sir Slash on December 31, 2019, 11:34:17 AM
Has anyone played the current version of Wars of Napoleon? Is it any better, worse, worth the sale price? I see mixed reviews at Steam but nothing new in the way of YouTube videos good or bad.

Its not good. Grab another AGEOD title.

Sir Slash

Thanks Blucher. Too bad, I really wanted to love this one.  :'(
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

smittyohio

Finally bit the bullet on TOAW IV...  bought every other version at some point, so why not.   Now I need to play it...  :knuppel2:

Tripoli

Quote from: Blucher on December 31, 2019, 12:18:13 PM

Try American Civil War II.  It is very detailed.  If you haven't seen, I'm doing a noob AAR here: http://grogheads.com/   The one thing about it is that you in addtition to reading the manual, you have to dig into some youtube videos and forum postings to see a lot of the nuances that are going on "under the hood."
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

W8taminute

Quote from: Blucher on December 31, 2019, 12:18:13 PM

This is what's so confusing about these AGEOD games.  I've invested at least 20 hours into the game playing as Russia and I haven't seen any problems.  Seems like a good game to me but again I only have experience with Russia and about 20 hours of gameplay.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

JasonPratt

Quote from: W8taminute on January 01, 2020, 05:35:36 PM
This is what's so confusing about these AGEOD games.  I've invested at least 20 hours into the game playing as Russia and I haven't seen any problems.

Next turn: Napoleon invades.  >:D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

FlickJax

Didn't buy any this time round, felt a bit burned with Fantasy General 2

Gusington

I LOVE the fact that Blucher was the first one to say Age of Napoleon 'is not good.' All is right in the universe.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Quote from: JasonPratt on January 03, 2020, 11:30:25 AM
Quote from: W8taminute on January 01, 2020, 05:35:36 PM
This is what's so confusing about these AGEOD games.  I've invested at least 20 hours into the game playing as Russia and I haven't seen any problems.

Next turn: Napoleon invades.  >:D

Haha!  Well then I better not play any more turns lest Nappy comes a knocking.   ;D
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

CJReich46

Yay!

My 38% (yeah...woohoo) Anniversary Coupon dropped and its PAYDAY!!!!
:D
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

CJReich46

Decided to hold the coupon for the time being.

So given that today was the last day of the sale, I decided to grab Strategic Command World at War, and Iron X's mod to boot!

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

W8taminute

^Nice.  Iron X's mod is what makes this game extra special.   O0

Tripoli

I managed to buy only "Piercing Fortress Europa" during the sale.  However, I almost broke down several times on all the DLCs for "Tigers on the Hunt", but managed to fight the urges.  Every day in every way I'm getting better..... :)
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Sir Slash

Very good! Progress is sometimes measured in small steps rather than great leaps--- according to my Fortune Cookie.  :clap: