Kerbal Space Program 2

Started by steve58, August 19, 2019, 04:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martok

Quote from: Tripoli on July 02, 2020, 07:08:28 PM
Yeah, from what I have heard thus far,  it sounds like they basically crippled a small company for no reason. 
I'm guessing "greed" is the reason here, or at least part of it... 

Quote from: Tripoli on July 02, 2020, 07:08:28 PM
Based on this, I'm not sure I am going to be buying Kerbal2, at least not right away, and quiet possibly never.  Kerbal (significantly modded) is still a lot of fun.  Now if I can just find time to play it or any of my other games....
I've been rethinking my plans to purchase this game as well.  I don't feel that Take Two should be rewarded with my money for screwing over Star Theory. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Jarhead0331

<shrug>

If the game is good, I will buy it. If the game sucks, I won't.

I'm not going to speculate on the internal corporate disputes and struggles between the developer and the publisher. If what Take Two did was within its contractual rights, so be it. What do I care? If it wasn't, I'm sure they will be sued and if Star Theory has a strong case, they will prevail. But, I'm certainly not going to cut my nose off, just to spite my face simply because some writer for a PC game rag says Take Two is the big bad publisher.

Just my .02.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

steve58

Decided to check up on KSP2 and found a couple videos.

Two weeks ago...

From 9 months ago...

steve58

Another S&T video from the developers.  Terrain in KSP2 is looking great.

Grim.Reaper

And now delayed until 2023

steve58

>:(   :(   :-\

https://www.pcgamer.com/kerbal-space-program-2-is-now-delayed-to-2023/

At this rate, I'm gonna need to upgrade my PC again to run KSP202x

Jarhead0331

Quote from: steve58 on May 16, 2022, 09:11:38 PM
>:(   :(   :-\

https://www.pcgamer.com/kerbal-space-program-2-is-now-delayed-to-2023/

At this rate, I'm gonna need to upgrade my PC again to run KSP202x

The publisher should change its name to Take Three Games.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

steve58

Millipede

steve58

So, 10 days from the 'early access' release of KSP2.  Kinda concerned that there are still no released hardware specs.

FarAway Sooner

At my old employer, after a really crappy roll-out, we nicknamed our corporate HR tool "It Don't" Workday.  If a game originally scheduled for release in 2022 is just hitting Alpha at the end of February, maybe the company should just be called "Take Two More Years"?

steve58

So, specs finally released today.  My rig meets all the 'recommended' specs, except the GPU, but then again, I'm not running 1440p.

Grim.Reaper

I see the cost expects to be 49.99 at release.....not likely a day one purchase