Grossbeeren,August 23, 1813

Started by MengJiao, October 13, 2023, 07:36:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MengJiao

Well, I started this as a refresher in the strange world of OSG Library of Napoleonic Battles, but with a few
card pulls, things might get rough pretty fast in some unusual ways.  Maybe the French and their allies will even beat the Prussians (under an ex-French Marshall) and their allies:

You cannot view this attachment.

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on October 13, 2023, 07:36:34 PMWell, I started this as a refresher in the strange world of OSG Library of Napoleonic Battles, but with a few
card pulls, things might get rough pretty fast in some unusual ways.  Maybe the French and their allies will even beat the Prussians (under an ex-French Marshall) and their allies:

3pm...the French and Saxons face a lot of shiny Prussians and Russians defending the road north to Berlin:

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on October 14, 2023, 04:28:56 PM3pm...the French and Saxons face a lot of shiny Prussians and Russians defending the road north to Berlin:

4pm Oudinot is closing in from the west, Reynier and his Saxons are coming straight toward the Prussians from the south:

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on October 15, 2023, 09:14:51 AM4pm Oudinot is closing in from the west, Reynier and his Saxons are coming straight toward the Prussians from the south:

4:30 The Prussian artillery opens fire and the French shoot back: the Ds note the occurrence of "S" (suppressed) results which are temporary "Demoralization" more or less the same as being "disrupted" in a more normal wargame.
Now I guess the Russo-Prussians have to somehow survive being attacked on multiple axes -- I guess some suicidal cavalry charges might work.You cannot view this attachment.

Sir Slash

Looks like a right-proper Dust-Up.  :ThumbsUp:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MengJiao

Quote from: Sir Slash on October 16, 2023, 09:15:50 AMLooks like a right-proper Dust-Up.  :ThumbsUp:

I know!  Pretty rare when you play solo!

PS: and yet you so often disappoint yourself.  I just don't understand Grossbeeren: the town the chateau hill the marshes the orchards full of marginally competent Prussians with a lot of artillery -- it's a nightmare.

Nevermind.  Things will be different at Dennewitz in September with Ney in charge, Right?

Sir Slash

One of the few Napoleonic battles I know next to nothing about. Maybe I'll learn something here.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MengJiao

Quote from: Sir Slash on October 16, 2023, 10:29:14 PMOne of the few Napoleonic battles I know next to nothing about. Maybe I'll learn something here.

I've played it twice and I still don't know much about it.  Dennewitz is easier to comprehend -- Ney tries the same
move to capture Berlin, but the Army of the North barely stops him.  The terrain is more open and its sort of one big meeting engagement unlike Gossbeeren which is more complex, smaller scale and more spread out.