Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnoughts work in progress.

Started by Destraex, July 19, 2018, 08:25:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

Gentlemen and women. errm, and others!

Here is a game I have been following for some time. I may or may not have posted on it before. It's in development and is by the Darthmod guy who did ultimate general gettysburg and civil war. They seem to be progressing well and the below was posted 15 hours ago. I should explain that not much is known about the game. But here is what we do know;

Posted September 16, 2017 by Admin (before we knew who was developing the game at game labs.. who also did Naval Action and ultimate general)
"This is a topic for work in progress shots and stories about the game we have been tinkering with for the last 3-4 months

These are very very early WIP on the images that are generated for the ship recognition books from the 3d ship designer, that will give players full control over the ship design and visualize it all in 3d.

Player will be able to place main turrets, secondary turrets, casemate turrets, superstructures, masts, funnels, and decide on the shape of the hull, armor, barbette placement... All having historical constraints naturally limiting the players from creating strange and impossible monsters. All affecting ship performance in combat and movement.

If we are able to achieve even 50% of what we want this will be a revolution in battleship games.

Hope you enjoy it. Sorry for lower quality of the recognition book drafts but we can't show the rest. "

Posted February 21 by Nick Thomadis (darthmod) Game Labs Team in answer to some questions by a forum poster
"  On 2/9/2018 at 8:56 AM, Sento de Benimaclet said:
Beautiful ship!!!!!!. I imagine a battle with these ships in the North Sea, Coronel or Falklands waters ...... A dream come true. o7

Yes, it would be possible to fight at those waters and more!

On 2/10/2018 at 7:44 PM, Mirrec said:
make this openworld like Naval Action and have biiig suces (i hope :-P )

There is going to be a campaign with much freedom to do various actions.

On 2/19/2018 at 12:54 PM, Alex Connor said:

Based on the Cressy and Drake classes? Very nice model and I love how you are using variations of similar ships to build more visual variety.

Indeed. Cressy and Drake classes ;)

On 2/20/2018 at 8:38 PM, Sento de Benimaclet said:
Precisely the beautiful naval action is to move around the map to your free will. If you do not do the same with this project, then as you say it stays in a world of warships, and we would not be interested. What would be amazing is to be able to go from naval base to naval base, loading coal for the ship, supplies, ammunition, getting as close as possible to the reality of those ships. An excellent book that I recommend to know how everything worked is "The Tzar's Last Armada". (Constantine Pleshakov).

It is too early to say exactly what we are making but it is safe to announce that we are not making a World of Warships style of gameplay, in which you only fight vs enemy ships. There is going to be a much more involved gameplay with tactical and strategic factors"

Posted April 12 by Nick Thomadis (darthmod) Game Labs Team
"It is a completely different project entity, not having any similarity to the previous Ultimate General games which were about land combat. It is a bold project that we finally decided to make, after years of interest on this time period and the corresponding naval genre."

Posted June 10 by Nick Thomadis (darthmod) Game Labs Team

"yes, the battles focus on realism. The damage model is very much detailed to simulate almost every aspect of naval warfare. For example, in WoW the ships can receive devastating damage and still sail on maximum speed. In our game you will notice a serious impact on ship performance because of damage and many other realism factors.

Our internal dev teams from time to time can join forces for helping in parallel projects, but at the moment is not needed."

Posted June 11 by Nick Thomadis (darthmod) Game Labs Team

"It is going to be an RTS game, you will control multiple ships, that you design them and bring them to combat. A naval arms race begins from 1890 and you aim to create the most powerful fleet in the world. It is a game that I will personally enjoy very much to play for ages when it becomes complete :) Thank you for the wishes and I hope we can deliver the project in early access within this year."

After I mentioned games like SES jutland NWS steam and iron
"The problem with all those games that you are referencing is that they are too complex to play, even for very hard core players. We cannot share something yet more specific but it is safe to say that our main idea is to offer a unique game that will please all naval warfare fans with deep gameplay on strategic and tactical level and without so much micromanagement."

16hrs ago by Nick Thomadis (darthmod) Game Labs Team:
"Hello again all,

I would like to mention the progress we have so far with Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnoughts. The game is mostly finalized in its innovative ship design mechanics and more features will make it deeper the coming months. The Ship Designer will allow players to construct and customize their own ships and will influence greatly the outcome of battles. During the campaign you will feel the tension of the Naval Arms race in a continuous struggle to construct the most powerful ships against major nations. The combat model is about 60% ready and needs more technology effects to become even more interesting, and this where we will focus in the next 1-2 months. We shall finalize all possible technologies related with ship designer and polish all the tech mechanics in the interface.

After all that, we will concentrate our efforts in the campaign map were players must have many interesting choices, blended with numerous historical events and what ifs. To answer the question of @JagEngland, the player so far does not have the option to move his fleet freely on the map, but we plan to implement a wide battle map interface where tactically he will have large freedom to maneuver during a tactical battle.

As we add more and more features to the game, 3D modelling progresses steadily. Here are two more art teasers, showing two Pre-Dreadnought Models that are a work in progress."

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

My loins are so moist those ships would be able to navigate them.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

WallysWorld

"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Steelgrave

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Destraex

Quote from: Gusington on July 19, 2018, 09:00:22 PM
HOLY DOGSHIT

I choose to interpret this as positive. I am very excited.
I still enjoy WOWs sometimes and have invested in war thunder ships. But this game could indeed be the golden chalice we have been waiting for.
A good cross between playability and realism without the BS balance factors.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

em2nought

Stolen elections have consequences.

Gusington

Is there a website for this yet?

ME WANTS IT

ME NEEDS IT

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Rayfer

Quote from: bbmike on July 20, 2018, 07:33:24 AM
It is going to be an RTS game...  :(

Ultimate General: Civil War with boats and oceans instead of brigades and land?  Not necessarily a bad thing but not necessarily good.  ???

em2nought

Stolen elections have consequences.

Cyrano

Whom is it that I must kill for an AoS game?

The guy who did the DARTHMOD is doing a dread game?  A fella can't win some days...

Still, he's got a rep for actually completing games, and good ones at that.  Good news for the hobby if not my particular interests.
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806