Battlefront’s 2023 look ahead

Started by Grim.Reaper, January 29, 2023, 08:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Strictly speaking, the Steam version is (also) the Matrix/Slitherine version.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

rss334

Quote from: Con on September 16, 2023, 12:16:35 AM
Quote from: rss334 on September 15, 2023, 10:29:36 PMWhy are you guys migrating to Steam?   There is no workshop support on Steam is there?   Are the mods working with the steam version - is the steam version faster or something?
You sir have no idea of the the vitriol thread derailing door you have just opened

haha, sorry I wanted to make sure I was not missing something new about the steam version.   I totally get how much easier it is to manage via steam but once you have everything setup and the mods working I was not sure of the incentive to uninstall and reinstall on steam.  Personally if I end up having to reinstall I would probably move to steam simply for ease of use.  Waiting on the engine 5 patch to drop, that might be the time for me. 

Pete Dero

Quote from: rss334 on September 16, 2023, 03:52:13 PM
Quote from: rss334 on September 15, 2023, 10:29:36 PMWhy are you guys migrating to Steam?  There is no workshop support on Steam is there?  Are the mods working with the steam version - is the steam version faster or something?
You sir have no idea of the the vitriol thread derailing door you have just opened

haha, sorry I wanted to make sure I was not missing something new about the steam version.  I totally get how much easier it is to manage via steam but once you have everything setup and the mods working I was not sure of the incentive to uninstall and reinstall on steam.  Personally if I end up having to reinstall I would probably move to steam simply for ease of use.  Waiting on the engine 5 patch to drop, that might be the time for me. 

All my CM games are heavily modded.  The Steam file structure stays the same, so copy the Z folder (found in DATA) to the new Steam location and everything should work without a hitch.

Somebody spend a lot of time collecting many mods for each CM game :

https://community.battlefront.com/topic/140143-initial-all-in-one-modpack/
One of my ongoing side projects (aimed, mostly, at the new influx of Steam Players) is to host an 'All in One' modpack for every CM game.

rss334

Quote from: Pete Dero on September 16, 2023, 05:12:06 PM
Quote from: rss334 on September 16, 2023, 03:52:13 PM
Quote from: rss334 on September 15, 2023, 10:29:36 PMWhy are you guys migrating to Steam?  There is no workshop support on Steam is there?  Are the mods working with the steam version - is the steam version faster or something?

haha, sorry I wanted to make sure I was not missing something new about the steam version.  I totally get how much easier it is to manage via steam but once you have everything setup and the mods working I was not sure of the incentive to uninstall and reinstall on steam.  Personally if I end up having to reinstall I would probably move to steam simply for ease of use.  Waiting on the engine 5 patch to drop, that might be the time for me. 

All my CM games are heavily modded.  The Steam file structure stays the same, so copy the Z folder (found in DATA) to the new Steam location and everything should work without a hitch.

Somebody spend a lot of time collecting many mods for each CM game :

https://community.battlefront.com/topic/140143-initial-all-in-one-modpack/
One of my ongoing side projects (aimed, mostly, at the new influx of Steam Players) is to host an 'All in One' modpack for every CM game.

Thank you

JasonPratt

I'm gonna list his file folder here (since he does that in the thread Pete linked to), so I can find it again once he updates CMFI and CMBN.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/izmk6muctniv5/Combat_Mission

You should of course have some VERY updated antivirus before visiting, much less downloading, anything from mediafire...
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

ArizonaTank

Anyone else entered the Slitherine / Matrix Combat Mission Tournaments starting on the 25th? Red Thunder, Cold War and Normandy.

https://www.slitherine.com/tournaments 
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.