History Hit TV (Dan Snow)

Started by ArizonaTank, June 29, 2021, 02:32:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArizonaTank

I came across History Hit TV recently. I normally don't get excited about streaming channels.

But History Hit TV seems to hit all the right notes to satisfy my history documentary cravings.

It has the endorsement (for better or worse) of Dan Snow.

The channel has some pretty in-depth history documentaries lined up, and the price ($5.99 / month) seems reasonable. Anyway, I signed up and so far am liking it.

Here is the channel browsing page...

https://access.historyhit.com/browse
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Gusington

Nice thanks for posting. If they have lots of ancient and medieval content I am in.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Father Ted

I've subscribed to this and I think it's worth the dosh.  Certainly when you first join there are plenty of (IMO) interesting vids.  Once you've explored all those things dry up a bit, but there is a reasonable drip-feed of new stuff.

Destraex

I listen to the podcast. It's pretty basic stuff and can be a bit bias at times simply because it is a modern show, it has to nod in certain directions evety now and then if I recall correctly. It's very entertaining.

I enjoyed the "Snow's" battlefield britain back in the day. Own that on dvd.

By the way what do people think of curiosity stream tv subscription?
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Gusington

I've been tempted by Curiosity Stream but always hold on pulling the trigger as a lot of their content strikes me as generic, with a few diamonds in the rough. If anyone here has it and vouches for it, I would get it.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Dammit Carl!

Thank God for some kind of something smart on the tube - do love me some cooking/foodie things, though.  Anyhoo, will look forward to the podcasts, so thanks for the heads-up!

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Destraex on June 29, 2021, 05:28:42 PM

Same here! Excellent series...loved the battlefield graphics...

My only issue with Dan Snow is that he aims for the general history market at times. I generally like to see deeper dives. But that doesn't stop me from watching his stuff.

I had it for a while...the price was right. But I quickly ran out of things I was interested in. Same thing with "History Vault".

I have been considering "Great Courses" for history and general subjects, but I have recently found free MIT courses on YouTube that I will plow through first.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Destraex

Quote from: ArizonaTank on June 29, 2021, 06:22:35 PM

Same here! Excellent series...loved the battlefield graphics...

My only issue with Dan Snow is that he aims for the general history market at times. I generally like to see deeper dives. But that doesn't stop me from watching his stuff.

I had it for a while...the price was right. But I quickly ran out of things I was interested in. Same thing with "History Vault".

I have been considering "Great Courses" for history and general subjects, but I have recently found free MIT courses on YouTube that I will plow through first.

Free MIT courses. That sounds interesting. University Degrees are given away these days and now even the course material is virtually open to all on youtube? Is this just a teaser to entice people to MIT? A Last Starfighter style game to the stars?
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Father Ted

I've had this for a year now and usually find something new to watch at least once a week.  I'd recommend it to anyone who has a wide interest in history and is a bit Brit-centric.