Main Menu

Minecraft

Started by TheCommandTent, March 04, 2012, 01:18:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheCommandTent

Anybody else out there play Minecraft

I've enjoyed being able to do what I want in the game and only be limited by my imagination (Which is fairly limited compared to some of the stuff I've seen others do)  :D.  I've been playing on and off since Beta 1.4 and have yet to get tired of the game.

I am thinking about starting a new world since they added a new biome with the last update.  I am even considering doing a 'Let's Play' but I'll have to get my mic and everything working properly.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Staggerwing

Every time I play Minecraft for more than an hour or two my computer freaks out and freezes up or sometimes BSODs.
I've plenty of memory, my CPU is a quad core, my GFX card is newish so I surmise it's a bug in the game.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

son_of_montfort

I just got back into it since the last patch (which added Ocelots and cats). Pretty cool stuff! I think a Let's Play would be awesome! Maybe you should talk to Brant...  ;)
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Staggerwing on March 04, 2012, 01:38:35 PM
Every time I play Minecraft for more than an hour or two my computer freaks out and freezes up or sometimes BSODs.
I've plenty of memory, my CPU is a quad core, my GFX card is newish so I surmise it's a bug in the game.

Did you try completely uninstall and reinstalling.  It might be fixed with that latest patch.

If that dosen't work you can post over on the Minecraft forums Im sure some one can help.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

TheCommandTent

Quote from: son_of_montfort on March 04, 2012, 02:11:36 PM
I just got back into it since the last patch (which added Ocelots and cats). Pretty cool stuff! I think a Let's Play would be awesome! Maybe you should talk to Brant...  ;)

Im still trying to figure out how I would want to do a LP.  Any thoughts on what you want to see in an LP.

republic

I played it quite a bit and still go back to it from time to time.  I'm a teacher, and I actually use it for a week or so in my class.  My kids have to work together to get a community going and learn the value of teamwork...or so I hope.

son_of_montfort

Quote from: republic on March 05, 2012, 08:21:29 PM
I played it quite a bit and still go back to it from time to time.  I'm a teacher, and I actually use it for a week or so in my class.  My kids have to work together to get a community going and learn the value of teamwork...or so I hope.

Why do I envision a blocky rendition of Lord of the Flies?  ;)
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

republic

Lol actually they get along ok...until someone accidentally burns down someone elses home.

I'm looking forward to playing it this year, the game has changed quite a bit since last year.

TheCommandTent

The 1.2.4 patch was released today.  It looks like it fixed alot of bug.s

http://www.minecraftforum.net/news/443-124-update-is-out-xbla-release-date/

Now I just need to wait for my texture pack to be updated.

son_of_montfort

Quote from: TheCommandTent on March 22, 2012, 09:48:27 PM

Are you using John Smith?

- Stephen Colbert

- Stephen Colbert

TheCommandTent

Quote from: son_of_montfort on March 22, 2012, 10:25:39 PM
Quote from: TheCommandTent on March 22, 2012, 09:48:27 PM

Are you using John Smith?

Yes right now John Smith is my texture pack of choice.

Steelgrave

I've been considering Minecraft just to find out what all the fuss is about. Not my typical game, but it seems interesting....

son_of_montfort

Quote from: Steelgrave on March 22, 2012, 11:00:28 PM
I've been considering Minecraft just to find out what all the fuss is about. Not my typical game, but it seems interesting....

TCT, the current Smith pack will work. Just be sure to run the MCpatcher.

Steelie,
MC is like a giant game of legos. For the first 10 hours you scratch your head and say "WTH am I supposed to be doing." After you build an excellent castle reaching to the heavens, you suddenly feel like a God.

- Stephen Colbert

- Stephen Colbert

TheCommandTent

^Thanks I just checked and everything is updated so I'll dld it all.

I'm trying my hand at a LP right now, if I like what I come up with I'll share it here.  Thats how I got into Minecraft, I don't remember who but they did a great LP of Minecraft and I was hooked.

Steelgrave

Quote from: son_of_montfort on March 23, 2012, 01:27:43 PM
Steelie,
MC is like a giant game of legos. For the first 10 hours you scratch your head and say "WTH am I supposed to be doing." After you build an excellent castle reaching to the heavens, you suddenly feel like a God.

I'll have to give it a whirl, thanks!