Main Menu

SWTOR Free Weekend

Started by LongBlade, March 15, 2012, 08:49:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LongBlade

Star Wars The Old Republic is offering a free weekend for anyone interested in playing who hasn't bought the game.

Here's the FAQ on the free weekend: http://www.swtor.com/info/faq/game#q400211

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Shelldrake

Argh...and this is the weekend that I am away from internet access!  :'(
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Tpek

Already offering a free weekend???

This may go F2P much sooner than I had anticipated.

Nefaro

Quote from: Tpek on March 15, 2012, 10:46:02 AM

Haha yeah.

There's really nothing original about it at all.  Actually, I'd go so far as to say the class mechanics are generic and boring.   All the voice acting gets repetitive so you'll likely be spacebar'ing through your NPC mission convos partway through it.

The hope I'm holding out for is that the open world PvP gets some big fixes.  That's really the only end-game with some potential IMO.  Just keep in mind that I've been slowly burning out on MMOs the past few years, so it's getting more difficult to hold my interest with every new one I try.

Tpek

Quote from: Nefaro on March 15, 2012, 12:39:33 PM
Quote from: Tpek on March 15, 2012, 10:46:02 AM

Haha yeah.

There's really nothing original about it at all.  Actually, I'd go so far as to say the class mechanics are generic and boring.   All the voice acting gets repetitive so you'll likely be spacebar'ing through your NPC mission convos partway through it.

The hope I'm holding out for is that the open world PvP gets some big fixes.  That's really the only end-game with some potential IMO.  Just keep in mind that I've been slowly burning out on MMOs the past few years, so it's getting more difficult to hold my interest with every new one I try.

Frankly the entire game is becoming really repetitive and boring.
More than other MMOs I've played (Star Trek Online, Champions Online, DC Universe Online and others).

Silent Disapproval Robot

Damn.   I spent 6 hours downloading it, 30 minutes creating a character and configuring the key bindings, then deleted it after 15 minutes of play.  Drivel.

Nefaro

Usually the first thing that gets me excited about an MMO after firing it up is having lots of options regarding classes, and their unique mechanics.  I didn't get that from this one, from the start.  Sad panda strikes back.  :-\

TheCommandTent

Well after the glowing comments I've seen in this thread I don't think I'll be taking part in the free weekend.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Nefaro

Quote from: TheCommandTent on March 15, 2012, 09:33:10 PM
Well after the glowing comments I've seen in this thread I don't think I'll be taking part in the free weekend.

Don't get me wrong, it's fun for a short time.. if only for the Star Wars setting. 

But the game's strengths get old pretty fast, and what you find under the hood is an old drab Ford Pinto.  The game mechanics make me ZzzzZ.

LongBlade

Quote from: Nefaro on March 16, 2012, 08:39:24 AM
Quote from: TheCommandTent on March 15, 2012, 09:33:10 PM

Don't get me wrong, it's fun for a short time.. if only for the Star Wars setting. 

But the game's strengths get old pretty fast, and what you find under the hood is an old drab Ford Pinto.  The game mechanics make me ZzzzZ.

That was the problem with Star Wars Online. Great atmosphere - it got all the detail right. Music was awesome. Gameplay = fail. Entertaining, but only for a while. I maybe put in 20 hours or so before I walked away. I *wanted* to love it. But I never did.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.