Main Menu

CMBN Discovery

Started by Sir Slash, March 16, 2012, 09:54:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

The British paratroopers assaulting the Bridge at Varaville are speaking in clear American accents. This leads one to wonder, is this somekind of British tactic to confuse the Germans? "I don't know Hans. They look like English, but sound like Americans. Do we shoot at them?" Or is this some kind of secret weapon of Gen. Eisenhower to create a hybrid Anglo-American super soldier that can drive equally well on either side of the street? Or maybe they've just watched too many John Wayne movies. The world can only wonder. ;)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mikeck

Let me ask you guys this since its somehwta related...If I have no real desire to play as the Brits (as much as I love my cousins from across the pond) nor the scenarios, should I still buy the expansion? does it upgrade the game in some way outside of new units/scenarios???
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Bison

:(
Quote from: mikeck on March 16, 2012, 09:58:50 AM
Let me ask you guys this since its somehwta related...If I have no real desire to play as the Brits (as much as I love my cousins from across the pond) nor the scenarios, should I still buy the expansion? does it upgrade the game in some way outside of new units/scenarios???

There is a patch that updates CMBN to v 1.10, which adds in any game fixes brought out with CW.  I will say that the new equipment and units for both the allied and germans are nice additions to quick battles if nothing else especially if you play multiplayer at all.

jomni

Still worth it since there are new Axis toys.
I'm still holding out until all expansions are released so that I can buy the bundle.

bob48

Quote from: jomni on March 18, 2012, 08:33:01 AM
Still worth it since there are new Axis toys.
I'm still holding out until all expansions are released so that I can buy the bundle.

I shall retain a stiff upper lip (under which is a weak, flabby lip)  and wait until all expansion are out before i get this.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Bison

There are certainly worse games to have your will breakdown and purchase.  I was actually angry with myself that I insisted on waiting so long to pick it up.

Sir Slash

I was hoping to be finished with all the CMBN scenarios before the Commonwealth addition came-out. Not even close. Commonwealth has only 2 new campaigns but many it's battles are much larger than CMBN's and play like campaigns. There's alot of new content here as well as new toys.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Nefaro

If you play the menu music backwards, while watching Pee Wee's Big Adventure, you'll hear satan speaking through Pee Wee's mouth. 

Sir Slash

OK. They're actually Canadian paratroopers which is why they don't sound British. I just thought it was weird to hear them using the same old American,"Lets go", and "Keep am eye on that flank".

jomni

Quote from: Sir Slash on March 19, 2012, 02:05:00 PM
OK. They're actually Canadian paratroopers which is why they don't sound British. I just thought it was weird to hear them using the same old American,"Lets go", and "Keep am eye on that flank".

Makes sense.  American Accents in British Uniform.  :)

Nefaro

Quote from: Sir Slash on March 19, 2012, 02:05:00 PM

Let's get some noise discipline, here!

Sir Slash

I'm waiting for the R. Lee Ermy marine version that says, "Shut your doughnut-hole Maggot". ;D