Review: Futuristic Vancouver stars in Mass Effect 3

Started by Mr. Bigglesworth, March 18, 2012, 02:27:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Bigglesworth

"
A futuristic Vancouver suffering invasion by towering black aliens known as Reapers is set to loom large in the series' final adventure
[/size]
[/size]
lands on shelves this Tuesday.
[/size]
"

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/technology/video-games/gaming-news/futuristic-vancouver-stars-in-mass-effect-3/article2360025/

I'll have to check out their future architecture.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

son_of_montfort

You don't see it for very long. It is the very first scene of the game.

Mass Effect 3 was a masterpiece of storytelling, IMHO. First game I really sat down and played from beginning to end with no other games in-between. The ending was controversial, but even with it, the game was worth playing. I would say, however, you need to play ME2 before ME3, or the events will mean literally nothing and you will have few emotional ties to the characters.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Jarhead0331

Quote from: son_of_montfort on March 20, 2012, 09:45:24 AM

Mass Effect 3 was a masterpiece of storytelling, IMHO. First game I really sat down and played from beginning to end with no other games in-between.

You finished ME3 already?  Daaaaaaaaamn.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

son_of_montfort

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 20, 2012, 10:05:12 AM
Quote from: son_of_montfort on March 20, 2012, 09:45:24 AM

Mass Effect 3 was a masterpiece of storytelling, IMHO. First game I really sat down and played from beginning to end with no other games in-between.

You finished ME3 already?  Daaaaaaaaamn.

For the first time in 3 years, I had a "Spring Break" from the dissertation. It coincided perfectly with ME3's release. I even got >4000 war assets (which, BTW, you need to do if you want a palatable ending). I played the crap out of the game. It says I have ~23 hours logged (not a huge amount, but normal for the ME series).
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert