Shogun2 Total War sale

Started by Sir Slash, March 20, 2012, 06:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

Steam has Shogun 2 and all the DLC on sale 75% off until Thursday. That's the base game for $7.50.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

TheCommandTent

Thanks for the heads up.  Does anyone know if any of the DLC is worth it?
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Nefaro

Quote from: TheCommandTent on March 20, 2012, 06:41:08 PM
Thanks for the heads up.  Does anyone know if any of the DLC is worth it?

I grabbed 'Rise of the Samurai' for $2.50.

Can't beat that price for a full-on expansion.  ;)   Even if you don't plan on playing it for awhile!

Gusington

The Ikko Ikki expansion is definitely worth it, although very tough to win as.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

ROTS is a great add-on, plays very different from the base game though the units are pretty basic and limited in number. Greatly improved map and a new clan alignment system. No ninjas-- OK some pre-ninjas in the game.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

jomni

Quote from: Sir Slash on March 20, 2012, 11:06:30 PM
ROTS is a great add-on, plays very different from the base game though the units are pretty basic and limited in number. Greatly improved map and a new clan alignment system. No ninjas-- OK some pre-ninjas in the game.

Although I haven't stated playing it... Rise of the Samurai also doesn't have that "dreaded event".

Sir Slash

An excellent point Jomni. I'd forgotten about that. Realm Divide should've called Ream Divide.

Nefaro

Quote from: Sir Slash on March 21, 2012, 09:17:44 AM
An excellent point Jomni. I'd forgotten about that. Realm Divide should've called Ream Divide.

One of the few things I mod in S2TW.  Just enough so that allies are more likely to stay so, anyway.

Svend Karlson

I picked up the base game and the Rise of the Samurai pack in the sale.

At some point in the future, I may even install.

It is conceivable, that later still, I may play the game.