Which of your fav games burn you out the most?

Started by Oche, March 21, 2012, 07:41:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oche

Which of your favorite games burn you out the most? Which games or which games are currently draining your life force away or have been eating it away for some time but you always go back for more despite new games on your list?

By this question I include your current and former favorite games of all time.(regardless of "recovery time" to go back to them).

Some of My fav games that burn me out the most are (not in burnout factor order): TW series, War in the Pacific, Operational Art of War III, IL2:1946, Red Orchestra and Mount & Blade: warband.

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

jomni

TheCommandTent

Minecraft, JT Campaign Series, Mount and Blade, and CIV V
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Toonces

Definitely War in the Pacific: AE.  Medieval 2: Total War also.  I can't get enough of those two games.

Well, I CAN get enough, but I always come back for more, eventually!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

republic

I really used to enjoy playing Aces High 2 but the community surrounding that game can be very toxic at times.  Its a great game and concept, but I don't play because of the community.

Likewise I'm a fan of the Battlefield games, but a month or so after launch of each title the community is simply ruthless.  They go from teamwork and tactics to team killing and obstruction.  I know I would enjoy the game more if I were to join a clan...but I just don't have time for that sort of thing.

Eve Online is another.  A game where you can do anything...yet I end up mostly doing nothing and quitting.

I don't really get burned out on single player games.  I have a natural rotation of interests.  It goes for books and games.  I'll read and be into the Pacific War (WitP, etc.) and then I will transition into sea fighting in the age of sail (Seadogs was my last favorite game there), and then I'll be into Space (Distant Worlds, GalCiv2, Evochron, etc), then submarine warfare (Silent Hunter), and then modern air combat (Thirdwire) or maybe WW2 air combat (IL2) and so on.

W8taminute

For me there are a few staples that have burnt me out but I continue to come back to from time to time.

These titles include:

• Anything Civilization
  • Battlefield 3
  • Battlefield Heroes
  • Anything by Koei

Then I have a list of games that hold my interest for quite some time and then grab me again after maybe a year or two of hiatus:

• Empire Total War
  • Shogun Total War
  • Napoleon Total War
  • The Dynasty Warriors series
  • Star Wars: Empires at War or it's expansion
  • Ageod's ACW
  • Ageod's WW1 Gold
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

twitter3

TOAW III - such a great game, but after playing a scenario - especially a big one - I need a break as my head hurts from too much information and thinking.  I am working my way through Vietnam Combat Operations (there are 15 mods) and it is a great timeline of what happened during the war.  It makes you think and you better have pen and paper handy to keep track of where all your units are and where they should be.

Martok

Medieval Total War
Birth of the Federation
Shogun Total War
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2
Lords of the Realm 2
Klingon Academy

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces