Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Computer Gaming / Re: Battletech is back!!!
« Last post by CptHowdy on Today at 08:45:54 PM »
i have seen comments in baraduls current bta campaign that suggest once you get a few lrm tanks on the battlefield it becomes easy mode. might be a house rule you would implement that you cant use them or only have one. i stopped playing roguetech mod right before they implemented individual initiative. watched baradul play to see if i wanted to jump back into it but that mod just seems so bloated now i dont even want to mess with it.
Computer Gaming / Re: DCS Discussion
« Last post by SirAndrewD on Today at 06:56:42 PM »
]

DCS forum? DCS facebook group? It is a very active group...

I'll drop it there if my local friends group doesn't bite.
« Last post by Geezer on Today at 05:00:12 PM »
I don't see any comparison videos on Youtube, but Baradul does have a playthrough for each mod.
« Last post by Jarhead0331 on Today at 04:36:37 PM »
Haven't done enough yet to have any meaningful thoughts.  Just fired up the game and adjusted my mechs a bit but haven't done any missions yet.  I've been watching some recent videos by Baradul and a series of tutorials by MangaMaD from last year.

The game did lock up on me once but that was after I left it minimized on the main screen for a while.

Hmmmm..I wonder if Baradul has done a comparison video. He would be the expert.
« Last post by Jarhead0331 on Today at 04:35:49 PM »

I tend to like them because I can watch a six to ten minute video and learn the basics for pretty much any operation. Sure they leave out non-essential tasks and information and sometimes donít know the purpose behind every function, but for a primer on cold start, navigation, radios, all kinds of weapons employment and sensors, I usually look to the reapers. When I have more time or want more in depth treatment, I look elsewhere.

My thoughts exactly.  They're a great go to on setting up initial mapping.  I will typically go to Chucks Guides for the rest. 

I really enjoy watching Growling Sidewinder and Spudknocker as well.  GS's dogfight videos are always entertaining.

Now that my Virpil throttle has shipped...I need to sell my X-56.  Any ideas on where to shop it other than ebay?

I'll dump it on ebay if need be but I would like to find a better marketplace.  It's not bad...I've mentioned I've seen other online pilots be really good with it.  it's just not for me.

DCS forum? DCS facebook group? It is a very active group...
« Last post by Geezer on Today at 03:36:40 PM »
Haven't done enough yet to have any meaningful thoughts.  Just fired up the game and adjusted my mechs a bit but haven't done any missions yet.  I've been watching some recent videos by Baradul and a series of tutorials by MangaMaD from last year.

The game did lock up on me once but that was after I left it minimized on the main screen for a while.
« Last post by SirAndrewD on Today at 02:32:39 PM »

I tend to like them because I can watch a six to ten minute video and learn the basics for pretty much any operation. Sure they leave out non-essential tasks and information and sometimes donít know the purpose behind every function, but for a primer on cold start, navigation, radios, all kinds of weapons employment and sensors, I usually look to the reapers. When I have more time or want more in depth treatment, I look elsewhere.

My thoughts exactly.  They're a great go to on setting up initial mapping.  I will typically go to Chucks Guides for the rest. 

I really enjoy watching Growling Sidewinder and Spudknocker as well.  GS's dogfight videos are always entertaining.

Now that my Virpil throttle has shipped...I need to sell my X-56.  Any ideas on where to shop it other than ebay?

I'll dump it on ebay if need be but I would like to find a better marketplace.  It's not bad...I've mentioned I've seen other online pilots be really good with it.  it's just not for me. 
Computer Gaming / Re: Age of Empires IV
« Last post by Gusington on Today at 01:56:35 PM »
Looking forward to it muchly 😎 - I wonder of it will pull me away from the definitive editions of the updated earlier games...except for AoEIII, which never really clicked for me.
« Last post by Jarhead0331 on Today at 01:56:15 PM »
All three Battletech expansions are now on sale on Steam for 50% off through the 20th.  Resistance is futile...  8)

Any feedback on BTA 3062?
Computer Gaming / Re: A Total War Saga: TROY - Any Thoughts?
« Last post by al_infierno on Today at 01:19:19 PM »
I dabbled a bit when it was free on Epic.  Unless you're really hankering for Total War in yet another costume, I'd say give it a pass.  I found it to be a significant step back from Thrones of Britannia, and even that one struggled to retain my interest.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10