Main Menu

Share your videos!

Started by W8taminute, July 15, 2014, 04:00:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

An outlap and a couple of laps in F1 2013 of Korea

I love this game. It's not totally hardcore, but it's a pretty decent F1 game.

Alba gu' brath

Rayfer

Nice clip JD. I've never played a racing sim, know nothing about them. Do you use a steering wheel or keyboard? Thanks for sharing.

JudgeDredd

Thanks

Steering wheel. It's nigh impossible to play a decent racing game with anything but a steering wheel. Even controllers are very suited to it - though they are better than keyboard

Steering wheels aren't overly expensive. Non force feedback ones range from about £30 I think and force feedback ones start around £60. But they can get expensive fast after that.
Alba gu' brath

WallysWorld

Nice video! Thanks for posting, JudgeDredd.

F1 2013 is definitely my favorite racing game. I just use a joystick for this game and it does the trick for me.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

JudgeDredd

Thanks

It is a great game. The one thing the AI does that annoys me is they move over and slow right down when they are letting you past - but if you catch up with them from the 100 meter mark, they suddenly pull speed and move back into the racing line - I don't know how many times I've suffered a crash from them doing that.

But it's a fair game. Simulation, probably not in the true sense of the word, but it IS fun  O0
Alba gu' brath

W8taminute

F1 2013 is definitely fun and for me and my favorite racing game of all the racing games I have.  I play on the console but it has been a while.  Might have to fire this one up again.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

ok - IL2-Cliffs of Dover with the Team Fusion mod

I haven't sorted out all the settings - so bear with me...just a wee dogfight - apologies for the mouse cursor sitting there...I do get rid of it 3 minutes in!

The AI seemed pretty crap - but it was a single mission - I'm not sure the AI was meant to do anything - but they didn't. Even flying through the Me-109's, they just flew their course.

*disclaimer*
I don't know if the AI in this mission is anything to do with the TF mod. I don't know whether they had anything to do with the AI.

Alba gu' brath

Nefaro

Quote from: JudgeDredd on October 16, 2014, 09:54:43 AM
ok - IL2-Cliffs of Dover with the Team Fusion mod

I haven't sorted out all the settings - so bear with me...just a wee dogfight - apologies for the mouse cursor sitting there...I do get rid of it 3 minutes in!

The AI seemed pretty crap - but it was a single mission - I'm not sure the AI was meant to do anything - but they didn't. Even flying through the Me-109's, they just flew their course.

*disclaimer*
I don't know if the AI in this mission is anything to do with the TF mod. I don't know whether they had anything to do with the AI.

I've read numerous reports saying the IL-2:COD stock AI is complete crap.  Not sure if the mod adjusted it at all, but it may actually be a bit better than vanilla.  :(

Rayfer

Nice video JD...thanks.  At first I thought you were shooting down your own side...the blue! 

JudgeDredd

Thanks.

Some weird things going on - for example I'm pretty sure I put realistic gunnery on and as you can see in the video, tracer shows as missing but hits on the JU-88's and also I'm sure I had limited ammo and fuel on and I was throwing ammo around like I had some wee gremlins topping the guns up!

I had just installed the TF mod - and maybe I didn't go back into the settings - I don't know. I'll have to have a look

Oh - and I don't know how I managed to kill so many nose gunners from the back of the plane!
Alba gu' brath

W8taminute

Gorgeous looking mod JD but you're right.  Those ME-109's seemed to just sit there and fly along merrily on their way without paying concern to you and your ai wingman.  Did your wingman at least shoot at the targets you were shooting at?
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

JudgeDredd

The wingmen were shooting at some aircraft. I didn't order any of them though.

Some more F1 - this time India. My qualy wasn't good at all. I thought it was going to be - I memorised the track fast - but not the apex's...in the end - 17th. Rather poor show considering I've been up in the 12-14's for qualy on most tracks.

Alba gu' brath

W8taminute

War Thunder Realistic flight settings, historical mission: Stalingrad.  Most of the mission was uneventful for me until the last 3 and a half minutes.

I kept my discipline and energy retention and won the day although I can't believe a short gun burst was all I needed!

Nefaro

Quote from: W8taminute on November 20, 2014, 08:57:54 PM
War Thunder Realistic flight settings, historical mission: Stalingrad.  Most of the mission was uneventful for me until the last 3 and a half minutes.

I kept my discipline and energy retention and won the day although I can't believe a short gun burst was all I needed!

O0

You often don't need a long burst to get a kill since they changed the damage modelling a few months ago.  Unless you're shooting at something made with Stalinwood™.  Your control surfaces can be totally lost in a stiff crosswind in many cases. 

Dunno how many times I heard a single "plink!" and completely lost my elevator control and helplessly plunged into the ground.  Which is just fine but if you don't get such a hit, it seems to take forever sometimes.