Main Menu

Share your videos!

Started by W8taminute, July 15, 2014, 04:00:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

War Thunder is free, right? My son plays it and it looks interesting...but if it's all about the in-app purchases, I'll pass.

Silent Disapproval Robot

It's free.  You can spend money if you want but it's not really necessary.  It functions quite similarly to WoT in that respect.  You can use real money to buy premium vehicles or in-game currency you can use to speed up XP gains, buy mods outright instead of earning them through grinding, or speed up crew development.

I've dropped about $50 on the game, mostly as a way of supporting the devs.  I've still got 3K in Gold Lions as I hardly ever touch the stuff.

W8taminute

Yes I agree with SDR.  You don't have to spend a dime to play War Thunder.  I've dropped about $12 of real money into the game to buy extra slots for my hanger so that I can train more crews and have more vehicles available to choose for each battle.  You get about 5 or 6 free slots per country to play with but I wanted moar! 

Other than that every plane or tank I've bought have been strictly through free grinding.  There are so many vehicles to play with that you really don't need to purchase the premium vehicles imho.  Not unless you're a collector.   ;)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Nefaro

Also.. there is no "Gold Ammo/Pay-To-Win" in it.  All the weapon & equipment can be had by playing and using the in-game currency & Xp that's awarded to you.

jomni

So far, I've been grinding away.  It's not pay to win like the ammo thingy of wot. It's just pay to upgrade faster.

Nefaro

Granted.. the Silver Lions can get pretty scarce if you're buying lots of new machines and equipment upgrades.

jomni

Quote from: Nefaro on January 27, 2015, 12:20:03 AM
Granted.. the Silver Lions can get pretty scarce if you're buying lots of new machines and equipment upgrades.

Just like real life.

BanzaiCat

Haven't played WoT, but I came very close to getting a job in Austin with the dev. My wife didn't like the idea of me living in Austin by myself so that opportunity passed. :(

I might give War Thunder a try when I have some time. I see enough of you posting about it that there's got to be something to it!

jomni

This is what's eating up my time.

W8taminute

^jomni that game looks like a lot of fun.  Question for you though on it.  Is there a free sandbox play mode?  Is the game limited to regulated stages with enforced goals to achieve in order to advance the game?
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Nefaro

First and last bits of a M&B Napoleonic Wars Siege match from the weekend.

I had one hilarious death in the middle of it, where my newly perforated corpse fell and bounced down three stories worth of walls before splatting upon a boulder in first-person view, but that didn't record properly.  Nevertheless, I had plenty of fun and bloody bayonets as always.     :))

JudgeDredd

Video is private dude  - is it one of your private ones again?;D
Alba gu' brath

Nefaro

Quote from: JudgeDredd on January 27, 2015, 11:30:55 AM

Evidently forgot to hit "publish".  All good now.

W8taminute

I just started playing M&B Napoleonic Wars online yesterday.  That's a great game.  Nice footage Nefaro. 

Staggerwing

Quote from: JudgeDredd on January 27, 2015, 11:30:55 AM

Maybe he wasn't wearing trousers while playing.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys