Share your videos!

Started by W8taminute, July 15, 2014, 04:00:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-budd-

Working my way through FEAR 2

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

-budd-

SBTF release a update that allows level creation and sharing in game. My first attempt at making a mission, this is a test run. There are two versions one named Pressure-solo, which is depicted here, and Pressure-hard. I've survived neither one ;), got close on the solo version. The hard i think lives up to the pressure name, you might not live long but hopefully it's a frantic experience. I'm almost done with another mission and will start a third after the dev shared some insight on how things are generated in game.

To play it you just go to the user missions on the main menu and scroll down by title. Any feedback is appreciated.

W8taminute

Seems like a good game.  Kind of reminds me of a cross between Doom and Half Life.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

-budd-

It is a good game. It doesn't try to do a million different things, it accomplishes what it sets out to do. This game really gives me the alien movie feel, more than the actual "alien" movie games, the tension builds up the closer you get to finishing a mission. Sometimes i find myself getting more cautious closer to the end, "only two to go to finish, stay frosty"  :bd: After you fail a mission a few times, its gets kind of strategic as you plot your approach to the mission when you become more familiar with the layout visually. you get the level map setup before you even start, but i don't look and like to go in cold on the first run. With some low lighting and headphones the game is quite an atmospheric experience.

The hard version of this mission is crazy, with the increased spawn rate and numbers. These hard types always make you feel like the underdog so there is some satisfaction in being able to finish them.

W8taminute

I definitely got that atmospheric impression from your video.  Your view is even limited to the opening of your helmet visor and the radar map near where your chin would be is cool. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

-budd-

SBTF- My second mission design, Wide Open Death. Put about 6 hours into making this, pretty happy with the way it turned out. Everything was going fine until i lost my night vision, pretty tense test run.

-budd-

Finished another mission design, called "Follow the Crumbs" . The idea here is to always have another datacore in sight, hence follow the crumbs and also why there is 78 datacores :o . I've run through it quite a few times, that is not to mean i survived and finished it....nope...closest i got was just under 20 datacores left. There some things i wanted to try out layout wise. If you notice there are no doors on the map, just fences, so the alien scum can wander farther. There are fences to immediately wall off breaches and fences that wall off areas. The mission should keep you on your toes, and if you survive long enough you'll get to try out most of the upgrades. There so many breaches i set the infestation to "less" but the difficulty to hard, which means less aliens on the whole but less time to the breaches and faster spawns. i pushed the power outages to the lesser setting but there are so many things to activate 1/32 will turn out a few outages. Placement of the breakers and SG's was the hardest, along with the ammo reloads. I just published it on the user mission list in game. Below is a test run of the map.

Sir Slash

Very cool Budd.  :clap:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MOS:96B2P

Below is an interesting video of the Heaven & Earth mod for Combat Mission Shock Force 2.  This is a mod made by CM players with 37mm as the lead designer.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU5SqXlc-Lk&feature=emb_logo

-budd-

Taking a break from Shadow Empire for some simple, straight up mayhem.

Doom Project Brutality 3.0
level is a remake of Doom 2 first level Entryway

-budd-

Here's the second level of the remake called the gauntlet. I've also started playing without the crosshairs to aim by, It's taking some getting used to for each weapon, it's a work in progress, but feels more natural than chasing the crosshair.

W8taminute

This is my US pilot in his Curtiss Owl recon plane.  This match did not have any heavier fighters and our opponents ran out of planes at this point so we ruled the skies.

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Rayfer

W8....nice video. I don't have the game but I'm curious, how does what you find about the enemy on recon help the effectiveness of your teams play?

-budd-

Nice video, ever had to bail out of a plane?