Main Menu

SSG

Started by -budd-, September 02, 2014, 08:24:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-budd-

I check in at SSG periodically to see if anything is going on, this is a copy paste job from the last post in the
"is SSG still alive thread"     http://www.ssg.com.au/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6402&start=15

Re: Is SSG still alive??
Postby Roger Keating ยป Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:21 am

We are still around however a bit older but not a lot wiser. There will be an announcement on our future plans soon but as per our past practices it is better to wait till we have something set in concrete rather than just talk about it.
Roger Keating
SSG

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

panzerde

That sounds suspiciously like encouraging news...
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Anguille

I do hope they release something new...my fav would be Reach for the Stars 2 (or 3 how you consider it).

Boggit

Quote from: Anguille on September 03, 2014, 01:55:57 AM
I do hope they release something new...my fav would be Reach for the Stars 2 (or 3 how you consider it).
I'd like to see a revamped version - and upgraded gameplay wise of Europe Ablaze. Great operational air war game from SSG that hit the C64, but never made the PC >:(.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

GDS_Starfury

I had some of those for the Apple 2e.  pc's just werent that prevalent back then.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Anguille

Seems we will know more at the end of the month (according to Roger) and that we will be able to make suggestions...

vyshka

Maybe they've decided to get in on this fantasy strategy game explosion, and will revisit Warlords. :)

eyebiter

bobarossa

Warlords is the first game I ever downloaded a demo for (using Compuserve, that tells you how long ago it was).  Only let you play 40 turns, I think.  Gave demo to my brother and we both ended up buying it.  Wow was that a long time ago.  Hopefully SSG comes up with something good for their next game. 

TacticalWargames

Well, got on the beta team. Has anyone else here?

Nefaro

Quote from: TacticalWargames on October 02, 2014, 11:28:57 AM
Well, got on the beta team. Has anyone else here?

Beta team.. for what?

Boggit

A very cryptic message. What is it I wonder? I pity the poor betas being asked the questions when chances are they haven't a clue what this game is about.. :o Don't get me wrong I like SSG, but what is this game about?
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

BanzaiCat

I'm guessing the lack of info thus far is indicative of an NDA requirement for anyone beta-testing the game.

I've inquired after it myself for the beta team.

Greybriar

Quote from: TacticalWargames on October 02, 2014, 01:03:59 PM
For the new game.

http://www.ssg.com.au/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6451

That's great news! I am happy to see that SSG is still alive and didn't die with Ian Trout.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.