Ultimate Admiral: Age of Sail

Started by RedArgo, December 18, 2018, 01:15:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Sir Slash on October 01, 2020, 03:20:12 PM
Opinions Please! Please, please, please.

Mine is not good enough for you!?  :'(
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

steve58

Quote from: Millipede on October 01, 2020, 04:47:51 PM
Quote from: Gusington on October 01, 2020, 03:29:14 PM
Well I do like that I got the Barbary Corsairs dlc without having to pay extra and on discount. And I don't like RyanE. Those are my starting points.

Say Gus, how did you manage to get the Barbary Corsairs dlc for free? How do you get recognized as an EA buyer? Will they just include the dlc when I purchase the EA version, even if I get it on sale?

Questions, questions, questions.

Just now bought it and I got the Barbary Coast DLC.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Millipede

Quote from: steve58 on October 01, 2020, 04:51:44 PM
Well I do like that I got the Barbary Corsairs dlc without having to pay extra and on discount. And I don't like RyanE. Those are my starting points.

Say Gus, how did you manage to get the Barbary Corsairs dlc for free? How do you get recognized as an EA buyer? Will they just include the dlc when I purchase the EA version, even if I get it on sale?

Just bought it and I got the Barbary Coast DLC.

Excellent, I'll give it a try. Thanks.

Gusington

Honestly I totally forgot about the Barbary Coast DLC. But as you can see from the screenshot above everyone who buys now is an EA supporter, I suppose.

win/win

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

solops

Quote from: steve58 on October 01, 2020, 04:51:44 PM

Just now bought it and I got the Barbary Coast DLC.
Me too! Good looking game. I have no idea how to control anything. It's great! Chaos!
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Gusington

More attention should be focused on new customers getting the DLC for free. Who exactly is paying for it?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Sorry JH. No intention to hurt your feelings Man.  :hug:  The videos I've seen look a lot like Empire TW, so what's different other than a campaign to play? And why does Gus have his blinds open?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

FlickJax

I know their different but This or Shadow Empire?

FlickJax

Quote from: FlickJax on October 02, 2020, 06:25:42 AM

Anyone? my Matrix voucher runs out tomorrow so need to make a decision

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: FlickJax on October 02, 2020, 08:54:55 AM
Quote from: FlickJax on October 02, 2020, 06:25:42 AM

Anyone? my Matrix voucher runs out tomorrow so need to make a decision

Totally different games, hard to compare.  If you have time sensitive coupon from Matrix, maybe go with Shadow and get Age of Sails game later...I am sure it will go on sale again.

Tripoli

I have it.  In the limitted time I have played it, it is fun.  The land battles have a TW-vibe to them.  The naval model is fairly good, although I'm not sure it will work for more than a small squadron.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

solops

SE for sure. It still needs polishing, but it is an addictive, complete game. Admiral, not as much. SE has some (Two ) poorly documented but vital bits of feedback data that make it a whole lot easier to manage. I'll try to find a thread to post them.

Make that three -  forgot about research.

Don't misunderstand, all the stuff is done in a great way! But the feedback to the player allowing him to manage it is lacking pretty badly on a couple of things. Posted items in the Shadow Empires thread   http://www.grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=24408.165

As far as Ultimate Admiral goes, , it looks great and I am excited to have gotten it at 25% off.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Pete Dero

FlickJax

Cheers guys, SE it is, will probably sit in my queue for a bit though :(

Destraex

Enjoying UA:AOS. After it was released I picked it up. So I do not get the DLC. But I am over early access at the moment. Was happy to wait.

Sending a boat over with an officer and crew to take control of an enemy that had struck her colours. If you do not do this the enemy eventually withdraws the strike and becomes active again. Of course destroying the vessel entirely and completely prevents any thoughts the enemy crew may have of shenanigans. If their ship starts to sink the enemy crew may board boats. I know not what happens if they reach any of my ships!

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"