Ultimate Admiral: Age of Sail

Started by RedArgo, December 18, 2018, 01:15:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Me too. Have to admit the way this game is shaping up is making me more interested.

Do you have to be logged in to the forum to purchase?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Gusington on June 25, 2019, 06:58:06 PM
Me too. Have to admit the way this game is shaping up is making me more interested.

Do you have to be logged in to the forum to purchase?

No, I wasn't logged in when purchased...however, when you access the game itself, you need to create an account and use it.  Right now they provide an installer and a key to it.

Grim.Reaper

Well, first battle me as british and AI as spain....they completely destroyed me.  I have a lot to learn how to steer and fight in this type of game:)

Skoop

I was excited at first because I thought this was the one with dreadnaughts that's being developed. 

Still like this one too with the age of sail, might be what I was hoping Naval Action would have been with more SP focus.

I'll probably breakdown and get the EA.

Gusington

I'm definitely more interested in the Dreadnaughts game but this looks to be really ambitious.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tuna

How much is it? didn't see a price on the site or steam.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

29.99 for pre order but no alpha access

49.99 with alpha access

79.99 all the above but get names in credits

All this is on official site

https://www.aos.ultimateadmiral.com/

Jarhead0331

I got the Commodore Edition with alpha access. Its limited to just a couple of scenarios and its clearly got awhile to go, but I really like what I am seeing so far. Reminds me of the older title Age of Sail.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Grim.Reaper

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Weird I didn't see the Buy Now button anywhere yesterday. If this game is even half as good as the Ultimate General series it will be awesome. I just hope the studio is not spread thin with this and the dreadnaught game in development simultaneously.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

They released an updated version, which now includes a land invasion basic tutorial.  Still very early, but nice to see some of the land fighting, which as expected seems much like their Civil War game, but at a little slower pace.  Hard to really get a feel with just a basic tutorial but good to see progress continues.

Destraex

What theatre and war does it seem to be set in?
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Destraex on July 08, 2019, 06:54:56 AM
What theatre and war does it seem to be set in?

game's description....

Ultimate Admiral: Age of Sail is a tactical war-game from the creators of the Ultimate General series set amidst the epic naval campaigns in period of the American Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars.

ROYAL NAVY CAMPAIGN
You will take control of famed naval commander Horatio Nelson and follow his life and career to protect England and become the famous admiral of legend. Rule Britannia, Britannia rule the waves.

US NAVY CAMPAIGN
You will aid fledgling America as naval commander John Paul Jones. Your mission, to reorganize our burgeoning navy and lead them to victory, taking the first step in becoming a rising superpower.