Combat Mission: Red Thunder - Fire and Rubble

Started by al_infierno, February 22, 2020, 11:17:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

I played the Block Buster scenario...deadly urban combat in Berlin against Volksturm. I loved seeing how the last tier German troops had a real Hodge-podge of weaponry. I saw .303 Enfields in there, and all kinds of assorted small arms. Very cool.   
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Redwolf

My laptop is not happy with the Berlin map.

Need the big iron.

al_infierno

Does anyone else have their installer get stuck at 100% because it keeps recursively adding /data/data/data/data folders endlessly?  I don't know what the hell the installer thinks it's doing, but if I stop it, it rolls back the entire installation.   :pullhair:  This isn't the first time this has happened to me with CM games, either.  I suspect it's because I placed the module installation files directly in the Red Thunder folder and tried to install it from there.

Can you just download the entire game file? It has everything and you just activate with your licenses for red thunder, fire and rubble and game engine 4.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Redwolf

Quote from: al_infierno on April 23, 2021, 07:04:42 PM
Does anyone else have their installer get stuck at 100% because it keeps recursively adding /data/data/data/data folders endlessly?  I don't know what the hell the installer thinks it's doing, but if I stop it, it rolls back the entire installation.   :pullhair:  This isn't the first time this has happened to me with CM games, either.  I suspect it's because I placed the module installation files directly in the Red Thunder folder and tried to install it from there.

I installed both Mac and Windows by now and have not seen that.

al_infierno

Moving the install files to a different folder worked. O0
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Redwolf

Looks like the Sturmtiger is not in after all.

It appears that the release notes mixed up the Sturmtiger and the Jagdtiger (which is in).

ArizonaTank

Damn...burned again by the stupid activation BS... :tickedoff:

Activation not working...off I go for help desk support.  Why is this my problem?

Sorry all, just venting....
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Jarhead0331

I seem to have problems with armored vehicles getting stuck on bridges. There is no indication that they are damaged, bogged down, etc. Just stuck. They won't move across...
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Ubercat

Quote from: ArizonaTank on April 25, 2021, 03:21:48 PM
Damn...burned again by the stupid activation BS... :tickedoff:

Activation not working...off I go for help desk support.  Why is this my problem?

Sorry all, just venting....

Don't apologize. You spent good money and have every right to be pissed.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Redwolf

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 25, 2021, 04:35:20 PM
I seem to have problems with armored vehicles getting stuck on bridges. There is no indication that they are damaged, bogged down, etc. Just stuck. They won't move across...

Related:
https://community.battlefront.com/topic/138927-fire-and-rubble-possible-bugs/?do=findComment&comment=1865797

hellfish6

I seem to recall that being a problem years ago too...

Michael Dorosh

Quote from: al_infierno on April 23, 2021, 07:04:42 PM

Can you just download the entire game file? It has everything and you just activate with your licenses for red thunder, fire and rubble and game engine 4.

I had forgot about this and the help desk reminded me to do what you did. Don't put the installer in the CM folder - for all the sense that makes.

Redwolf

Quote from: hellfish6 on April 26, 2021, 04:36:34 PM

I seem to recall that being a problem years ago too...

Bridge bugs seen to be common. I just did a savegame showing one. JH, does that look like your case?

hotseat savegame, empty passwords: https://wavehh.dyndns.org/bug-bridge-jojo.bts