Combat Mission: Red Thunder - Fire and Rubble

Started by al_infierno, February 22, 2020, 11:17:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elvis

Quote from: Redwolf on April 27, 2021, 11:53:30 AM
Quote from: hellfish6 on April 26, 2021, 04:36:34 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 25, 2021, 04:35:20 PM
I seem to have problems with armored vehicles getting stuck on bridges. There is no indication that they are damaged, bogged down, etc. Just stuck. They won't move across...

I seem to recall that being a problem years ago too...

Bridge bugs seen to be common. I just did a savegame showing one. JH, does that look like your case?

hotseat savegame, empty passwords: https://wavehh.dyndns.org/bug-bridge-jojo.bts

Have you seen this happen in any other situation? If not, then it's fixed.

Redwolf

Quote from: Elvis on April 28, 2021, 12:36:11 PM
I seem to have problems with armored vehicles getting stuck on bridges. There is no indication that they are damaged, bogged down, etc. Just stuck. They won't move across...

Bridge bugs seen to be common. I just did a savegame showing one. JH, does that look like your case?

hotseat savegame, empty passwords: https://wavehh.dyndns.org/bug-bridge-jojo.bts

My savegame is the only bridge bug I have personally reproduced.

Elvis

Quote from: Redwolf on April 28, 2021, 05:28:23 PM
Quote from: Elvis on April 28, 2021, 12:36:11 PM

My savegame is the only bridge bug I have personally reproduced.

Gotcha. Will the patch fix every bridge patch going forward? I hope so. Will it fix this specific situation going forward? Yes. Will it fix your existing PBEM game? No.

Boggit

I am so looking forward to checking this out this DLC. I'm just a total Combat Mission fanboy... :-"  :hug:

Hopefully Elvis is right about the bridge fix. He sometimes gets a lot of flak from people when things go wrong, but always I find he's great whenever I have an issue. O0
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Elvis

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Redwolf

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 03, 2021, 11:10:09 AM
Quote from: Elvis on May 03, 2021, 11:00:31 AM
The v2.11 Red Thunder patch is now available: https://www.battlefront.com/patches

Is this needed for owners of F&R?

Yes, it is one bump up from F&R. Fixes at least some bridge bug(s).

Jarhead0331

The BF download system always sucks for me. Very slow and lots of errors. Just me?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

markh

The v2.11 Red Thunder patch is now available: https://www.battlefront.com/patches

Hi Elvis

I seem to be doing something wrong!  I clicked on your link and got taken to the BF web page.  Searched for Red Thunder on that page and found the Engine 4 - v2.11 link which I clicked on.  It tells me that the file/update is 3Gig.  That surely cannot be correct.  However, I cannot find any links in the alternative that specify a v2.11 PATCH.

Your assistance on this point would be appreciated.

Redwolf

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 03, 2021, 11:21:37 AM
The BF download system always sucks for me. Very slow and lots of errors. Just me?

Seems overloaded right now.

Pete Dero

Quote from: markh on May 03, 2021, 11:28:44 AM

Hi Elvis

I seem to be doing something wrong!  I clicked on your link and got taken to the BF web page.  Searched for Red Thunder on that page and found the Engine 4 - v2.11 link which I clicked on.  It tells me that the file/update is 3Gig.  That surely cannot be correct.  However, I cannot find any links in the alternative that specify a v2.11 PATCH.

3 GB update worked fine for me.  (Unzipped it is almost 11 GB)

Elvis

Quote from: markh on May 03, 2021, 11:28:44 AM

Hi Elvis

Nope. It is correct. The patch is almost 3GB. It contains all of the Fire and Rubble content. It's a big one.

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Pete Dero

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 03, 2021, 12:55:51 PM
I still can't get the thing to download.

I was able to download it a few hours ago without any issues.

I'm on Firefox and in the EU so that might make a difference.

al_infierno

I downloaded without issue today, as well.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao