Combat Mission: Red Thunder - Fire and Rubble

Started by al_infierno, February 22, 2020, 11:17:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elvis

The download thing is weird. I get 1 or 2 tickets a week from people having a download issue. Usually advising them to try a different browser and/or disabling their firewall and anti-virus software does the trick. I am having other issues with the system, especially with the Mac full installer.  Steve tends to think that the download issues people reposted yesterday are part of a bigger problem. I tend to think that it is what normally happens but magnified because of more people downloading yesterday. An unscientific glance at both threads (here and at Battlefront) seem to show most people didn't have problems yesterday. But that doesn't mean that I won't be looking I to it with what has become a daily phone call to their tech support.......every day for the last week.....I think they're starting to recognize my voice now.

Redwolf

I just downloaded the Windows installer v211 today.

I noticed that it doesn't do the stupid "preparing your download" anymore. At all, not even a fast one. Somebody flipped some switch.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Redwolf on May 04, 2021, 03:22:37 PM
I just downloaded the Windows installer v211 today.

I noticed that it doesn't do the stupid "preparing your download" anymore. At all, not even a fast one. Somebody flipped some switch.

I got the stupid "preparing your download" yesterday.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Redwolf

MOS:96B2P

A new battle pack was released for Combat Mission Red Thunder.  Below is a link and some information.

https://www.battlefront.com/red-thunder/cmrt-battle-pack-1/

Combat Mission Red Thunder Battle Pack 1 is set in or around the time frame of the Soviet assaults through the late summer of '44 in eastern Poland. The Battle Pack includes two new campaigns and 13 standalone scenarios and 13 new Master Maps.

" Five Days One Summer" campaign
This is a six mission campaign (with up to four possible branches involving a total of thirteen missions), involving II./SS-Pz.Rgt. 5 and III "Germania" which were part of Kampfgruppe Mühlenkamp, covering a period of intense combat in eastern Poland to prevent the Soviet spearheads of the 2nd White Russian Front from advancing westwards during the week 16-22 July 1944.p>
"Tigers at Ogledow" campaign
This campaign covers a very well-known engagement where King Tigers from "Schwere Panzer-Abteilung 501 commanded by Major von Legat underwent their combat debut on the Soviet/German front when they encountered elements from the 1st Guards Tank Army during operations to reduce the Soviet Baranov Bridgehead in August 1944.

13 standalone scenarios
These scenarios range in size from small platoon sized engagements to battalion sized engagements on 12km squared maps. As the use of German SPW is a theme in this battle pack there is a series of three 'training' scenarios to help the player become familiar with getting the best out of this type of unit. All the standalone scenarios are geared towards both head to head play and against the AI.

13 Master Maps
New maps based on maps from the Battle Pack missions.

Grim.Reaper

Wasn't this released back in mid November, or is this something different ?

MOS:96B2P

Its the one that was released in mid-November.  Should have said that above. Sorry.

Destraex

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Destraex

Quote from: Redwolf on January 07, 2023, 06:45:48 PM
Quote from: Destraex on January 07, 2023, 06:32:15 PM
Any word on these coming to steam?

LOL

They should do it before combat mission is lost to time like so many others.
The devs are old now are they not?

Grim.Reaper

Back in September they did an update of the various game's status, which is posted below.  The timeframes listed were the timeframes originally mentioned during January 2022 year preview, not necessarily what was or will be reality now.  For each item, they posted a brief update below it as of September.  Seems like there is a new 2023 preview coming in the near future, but this is what we have until then.

Updated Cold War (early February) - this extends the newly implemented PBEM++ system to include Slitherine's automated Tournament system.  Yup, you can now play for fame, glory, and at times fabulous prizes in a structured environment!

Done, but update is awaiting release (should be very soon).  Took waaaaaaaaay more time and effort than we expected, but the last of the glitches appear to be stomped out.  This is what we were waiting for to do this...

Updated CMSF2 and Black Sea (1st Quarter) - both previously released Matrix/Slitherine CM Families will get the PBEM++ and Tournament systems as free updates.  Any bug fixes and what not that have come up from Cold War development will be rolled in as well.

Once the final approval and posting of the Cold War patch is complete, releasing patches for CMSF2 and Black Sea should come out shortly.  Any cumulative and relevant bug fixes that were done for Cold War will, of course, be included.

Normandy for Matrix/Steam (March/April) - the entire Normandy Family of games will be released on both Matrix and Steam platforms with PBEM/Tournament features included.  Coinciding with this will be a new Battle Pack focusing on early D-Day combat.

Once again, this was on hold due to the PBEM/Tournament coding to be what it needs to be.  Unlike our own releases, Matrix/Steam releases are done when Slitherine's schedule has an opening.  The time is needed for marketing and production work, both of which are important.  Usually it's about 2 months, but maybe we can get lucky and have it be a little less.

Fortress Italy for Matrix/Steam (June/July) - all titles from the Fortress Italy Family goes out onto Matrix/Steam with the PBEM/Tournament features.  A Battle Pack is planned to be released at the same time, the specific focus not being fully nailed down as of yet.

Battle Pack is underway, but release has to wait until after Normandy is out.  Same marketing reasons apply.

Red Thunder for Matrix/Steam (September/October) - as you might expect by now, Matrix/Steam with PBEM/Tournament features.  A simultaneous release of a new Battle Pack is also planned.  The Pack focuses on Kampfgruppe Mühlenkamp's attempts to keep the Soviets from moving westward in July 1944.

Well, what do you know... we got this one out on time :)

Final Blitzkrieg for Matrix/Steam (December/January) - last, but not least, the final CM2 Family of games will be released for Matrix/Steam with PBEM and Tournament systems.  At the same time we'll release a new Module that will extend the timeframe through to the end of the war and introduce Commonwealth Forces plus the last ditch forces of the Third Reich.

Destraex

Thanks Grim. Legend. We all get to transfer our license I hope.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Destraex on January 08, 2023, 07:31:18 AM
Thanks Grim. Legend. We all get to transfer our license I hope.
Three of their games (shock force, cold war, black sea) are already on steam and prior owners did receive licenses free for the steam versions.  Can't see any future steam releases being any different.

Jarhead0331

I've had negative experiences with the steam versions, so I'll probably stick with BF, as annoying as that process used to be.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Ubercat

Worse than BF's own DRM? That's ... hard to imagine.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell