Building my own PC and Liquid Cooling

Started by MC, December 08, 2020, 11:39:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MC

I'm not new to PC building but have never used liquid cooling before. I have built about a dozen PCs and am picky about getting the components I want. I'm currently looking at a case and want to make sure I have room for the radiator and fans. I searched the internet a bit and haven't found a good answer. The case comes with 3 fans in the front. The liquid cooler has two fans attached to the radiator. I am going to attach the radiator to the front of the case. Now the question. If I attach the radiator with the fans to the front, I'll have the 3 case fans and the 2 fans on the radiator pulling cool air in. That sounds like overkill. If the case fan and the radiator fans aren't moving air at the same speed and volume, I am afraid the cooling will be compromised. Should I be getting rid of the case fans? I'm just not sure what the fan setup should be on the front of the case.  :-\ 

MC

Finally figured this one out. Remove the case fans and replace them with the radiator plus fans. After looking for cases I finally decided on one which so happens to not have any fans installed in the top of the case. That is where the radiator will be going which makes my original question a big "never mind".    :)