Author Topic: Steam Deck?  (Read 871 times)

Online al_infierno

• Man-at-Arms
  • Giudecca in the hell of unknowing
Re: Steam Deck?
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2021, 04:14:24 PM »
Honestly, the more news I see about this, the less and less excited I get.  It really just seems like a somewhat crappier version of the Switch but for PC games that you don't wanna play on PC.
It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

MiniHexer

Re: Steam Deck?
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2021, 12:28:20 AM »
Honestly, the more news I see about this, the less and less excited I get.  It really just seems like a somewhat crappier version of the Switch but for PC games that you don't wanna play on PC.

thats one way to look at it, but as a glass half full guy i see it like this, all my steam collection that i have bought can now be played on a handheld increasing the value of my steam collection, also its likely to be mobile as steam can run offline for a few days, and if its mobile you can take it on holiday or take it on trips in the car. you can play it at night before you sleep in bed.