Main Menu

FRIDAY Farmer!

Started by Dammit Carl!, August 20, 2021, 08:41:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dammit Carl!

Got this tune on near constant replay in my head as of late; gotta by the work by the two drummers making that devil beat bounce around in me brain.

DL'd Pathfinder: Kingmaker but haven't fired it up yet.  Time to get nerdy(er)!

Otherwise, yard stuff and working on a salvaged-window/wood greenhouse thing that the Mrs. is so het up fer.

Stay safe folks!

Jarhead0331

Meh. Wife is working 24 hours on Saturday AND there is a God damn hurricane headed for us. Weekend will probably be a wash...literally.

If I do get some time, I joined a virtual wing for DCS and volunteered to fly Tomcats. So I need to brush up on my NATOPS procedures so I don't make a total fool of myself when I have my first core skills flight.

Awesome! Just one more thing for me to stress about. lol  :idiot2:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

^Deep breaths JH, I'm ready for summer to end too! The humidity just wrecks my hair.

Field of Glory II: Medieval has been kicked my ass - I'm 1-2 in the last three battles I have played. Will probably go back for a little more this weekend. Also looking to try The Forgotten City and may fire up Rome Total War: Remastered and try a new campaign as the Berbers.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Ok now I am 2-2. More respectable  :bd:

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Destraex

Star Citizen Saturdays seems to be a burgeoning tradition with my Star Citizen Clan. So that should be fun with 3.14 out and recently micro patched up a bit.
Steel Division 2 will undoubtedly get a look in. I am learning the value of mortar half tracks and mobile artillery.
Mechwarrior 5 will get a look in. So relaxing to play.
Company of Heroes 2 with my Son. Wish he would play Steel Division with me.

Dabbled a little in the free GOG quake II and found that it holds up. It's still a lot of fun.

Enjoy your weekend Grogs of the world. Here we are locked down harder than Alabama Tics. We now have curfews from 9pm to 3am to try to beat the Indian variant into submission. A good thing for computer gamers.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

bobarossa

Spent the last month playing WITE2 but it seems like more work for less enjoyment.  Just switched to playing a new game of Shadow Empires.  It has that One More Turn feel that I don't get from monstrosities like WITE2.  Don't know how you guys play 4 games in a weekend.  I tend to stick with a game until my butt grows roots.

CJReich46

I have been working mostly weekends. So I have been playing a bit of Emperor Rise of the Middle Kingdom - Qin campaign. It is the time of the First Emperor., and my current build is the First City. Xiangyang.

What I like about this city builder is you do return to previous cities. This one is no different. If you know your history this is where Qin Shi Huang's tomb will be and the Terracotta Army.

I have also Art of Rally, and Humankind (Game Pass) but I have been looking for something. I don't know what...yet.

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on August 20, 2021, 08:56:49 PM
Ok now I am 2-2. More respectable

That looks fun!  Maybe some of that and some World of Warships

Gusington

The amount of army types and eras available in Field of Glory II: Medieval is dazzling and very fun.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

solops

Shadow Empire unless Humankind gets a patch.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Destraex

Quote from: bobarossa on August 21, 2021, 09:30:51 AM
Spent the last month playing WITE2 but it seems like more work for less enjoyment.  Just switched to playing a new game of Shadow Empires.  It has that One More Turn feel that I don't get from monstrosities like WITE2.  Don't know how you guys play 4 games in a weekend.  I tend to stick with a game until my butt grows roots.

I have WITE(1) and because of the turn based limitations just cannot bring myself to delve into it and spend the time to immerse myself. Surely their will be a heretical WEGO version soon  :D
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

al_infierno

I'm on a big 4x kick again.  Civ is my classic go-to, but the single unit per tile system is a source of frustration when it comes to attacking targets through narrow passages. 

I'm feeling some space exploration and extermination, so I've got Interstellar Space: Genesis on my list as a MOO successor, plus Astra Exodus on deck as well.  Also, for some Alpha Centauri style action, I reinstalled Pandora: First Contact so I might give that a go.

If any groggies have recommendations in regards to those games, I'm all ears.  I have very little knowledge of space 4x's beyond MOO, Endless Space, and Stellaris.   :uglystupid2:
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Sir Slash

Closing in on a win in WitE's: Road to Leningrad Scenario. The tough-as-nails 18th Army just fought their way into Leningrad. One more turn to go. Fingers crossed.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

matt3916

Re space 4x's -- Remnants of the Precursors.  MOO1 with modern graphics and some bug fixes (and it's FREE).  Not on Steam.

Jarhead0331

Al...have you tried Polaris Sector? It's one of my all time favorites.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18