Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

I wouldnt disagree with the west gloating over the soviet implosion of the 90s at the time.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

GDS_Starfury

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gusington

That Nixon video is haunting.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Good summary of what is going on at the Ukraine/Russia border near Belgorod the last 1-2 days.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Det, weirdly enough I think we're talking about the same things happening from different angles. I don't think Putin or his regime would have been truly willing or even able to fulfill any serious concessions, without ceasing to be a gangster government, but that wouldn't stop Putin from making offers knowing they couldn't and wouldn't be taken seriously and so using that as political propaganda justification for his actions otherwise. That's typical for his behavior: for example, he'll talk about free and fair elections but when he has chances to actually do that, he doesn't -- while still claiming he did!

So we end up playing nice in the only way that looks like it may work, sending Western help for rebuilding infrastructure after the collapse of the USSR, and encouraging the opening of western capitalistic franchises in the country -- but that gets exploited both by the Putin regime AND (as you noted) by the corporations thanks to Putin's regime not really changing and never intending to change, in fact wanting to use those Western opportunities for their own bloating (just as the Western corps used the characteristics of the Putin regime for their own exploits, while the gettin' was good.) The end result however was entirely predictable: the regime eventually went too far and the Western corporations cut and run (in some cases also under political western pressure to do so, as punishment to the regime.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Gusington on May 25, 2023, 08:05:36 AMThat Nixon video is haunting.

Yep, I'm no Nixon fan, but he did get this one right.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

GDS_Starfury

Gusington

^Was just going to post something almost exactly like that about Nixon, AT.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

JasonPratt

I feel like Ukraine may have to skip a few steps of that breaching combo, but still...  :ThumbsUp:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

GDS_Starfury

why?  they have the equipment and have been training in Poland and Germany with it.
they have tracked mine clearing line launchers.
they have Leo based engineering tanks
tracked bridge layers
cv90 and m2 ifvs as well as 113s

Windigo

My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

GDS_Starfury

GDS_Starfury

Description of the video says: The reconnaissance company of the 102nd TD brigade captures how the Russian infantry, supported by a tank and three IVFs, stormed the Ukrainian positions, a counterattack of a Ukrainian tank follows, which shoots the Russians and they flee.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1662478108241412101

GDS_Starfury

so let me get this right.
iran sells drones to russia.
the taliban hate russia.
so the taliban are attacking iran in retaliation.
sounds good.