Main Menu

Sniper elite 5

Started by Grim.Reaper, December 10, 2021, 07:47:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

glen55

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 10, 2021, 07:47:36 PM
Awesome....my favorite game series

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1029690/Sniper_Elite_5/

I only played the last one, but I loved it. Is there an older one you recommend?
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: glen55 on December 10, 2021, 08:27:14 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 10, 2021, 07:47:36 PM
Awesome....my favorite game series

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1029690/Sniper_Elite_5/

I only played the last one, but I loved it. Is there an older one you recommend?

I recommend them alll...only games that I have completed fully.

Grim.Reaper

May 26 release date...no brainer purchase for me

Grim.Reaper

Excited for the release this week...my all time favorite series. 

Grim.Reaper

Preload started...about 56GB.  According to the map below, looks like in the US can actually start playing on the 25th, vs the 26th...good news if it indeed happens.

Grim.Reaper

Yahoo, available now....but have to wait for dreaded unpack

Grim.Reaper

As expected and desired from my standpoint, pretty much a carbon copy of past versions at least from a single player perspective.  They did remove trip wires, which I am not sure why, but honestly I didn't use them much anyway.  Struggling a bit to use a controller as I can't find the sweet spot of being able to aim and shoot effectively, can't recall if in past versions I used one....thought I did, but maybe not.  May return to keyboard and mouse with this one if I can't tweak settings to better suit my play.

Anyway, I know some folks might be disappointed with it being so similar to all versions, but quite frankly I am glad its familiar and the same, with just different missions.  If they just released endless DLC on the past versions, I would be just as happy:)

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on May 26, 2022, 08:18:23 AM
As expected and desired from my standpoint, pretty much a carbon copy of past versions at least from a single player perspective.  They did remove trip wires, which I am not sure why, but honestly I didn't use them much anyway.  Struggling a bit to use a controller as I can't find the sweet spot of being able to aim and shoot effectively, can't recall if in past versions I used one....thought I did, but maybe not.  May return to keyboard and mouse with this one if I can't tweak settings to better suit my play.

Anyway, I know some folks might be disappointed with it being so similar to all versions, but quite frankly I am glad its familiar and the same, with just different missions.  If they just released endless DLC on the past versions, I would be just as happy:)

Are the graphics improved? How about the X-Ray cam? Is it any different?

I actually like the sound of the invasion mode where another player can intrude on a campaign as a German sniper. That sounds pretty appealing and badass.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 26, 2022, 08:44:49 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on May 26, 2022, 08:18:23 AM

Are the graphics improved? How about the X-Ray cam? Is it any different?

I actually like the sound of the invasion mode where another player can intrude on a campaign as a German sniper. That sounds pretty appealing and badass.

Haven't noticed the graphics being much different, but I am likely on a lower end system then you.  I did see some people comment they thought the bulletcam took a step back, but from my perspective seems the same, at least for how far I have gotten into the game.  Some of the reviews have also stated a little more run/gun in this one, vs stealth.  Simply not far enough to know that for sure.  Invasion mode does sound cool for those who like multi-player, I just usually do single player.

Gusington

The x ray cam grossed me out and delighted me at the same time in these games.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

jamus34

Quote from: Gusington on May 26, 2022, 09:24:54 AM
The x ray cam grossed me out and delighted me at the same time in these games.

You always remember your first...

Testicle shot cam
Insert witty comment here.

Gusington

:'(

Exactly - just reading your post make me shudder.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Was able to tweak various settings in order to play with the controller...what a relief:)