DD versions of HPS Atlanta & HPS Eagles Strike

Started by Compass Rose, October 06, 2012, 04:23:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Compass Rose

HPS just released a Direct Download (DD) version for HPS Atlanta and HPS Eagles Strike.

Info on the DD version of Atlanta can be found here:
http://www.hpssims.com/shopping/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=40&subcat=50&cat=Early+American+Battles

Info on the DD version of Eagles Strike can be found here:
http://www.hpssims.com/shopping/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=10&subcat=10&cat=Squad+Battles

Bison

Grim.Reaper

If they would ever modernize these games, this company would have a gold mine.....I just wonder how much longer they can hold out without upgrading.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on October 06, 2012, 04:33:20 PM
If they would ever modernize these games, this company would have a gold mine.....I just wonder how much longer they can hold out without upgrading.

A long time I am afraid.  Even worse, they can hold out just as long without putting their games on sale...:)
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Tuna

NWS has better prices for CD's.. 29 buck.. and now most are patched so you don't have to bother with the CD after install..

There's some graphics mods out there that help a lil.. but Tiller's games are butt ugly.. actually better graphics though older on some of the Talonsoft titles.. but the HPS games are better games..

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Tuna on October 06, 2012, 07:19:15 PM
NWS has better prices for CD's.. 29 buck.. and now most are patched so you don't have to bother with the CD after install..

There's some graphics mods out there that help a lil.. but Tiller's games are butt ugly.. actually better graphics though older on some of the Talonsoft titles.. but the HPS games are better games..

Yep have bought a few from nws.... Just drives me crazy they haven't started an updated line of games since the topics are all ones that interest me.  Graphics aren't a mAjor thing for me in good games, but these graphics are so outdated that they do drive me crazy.

jomni

Play these games daily on PBEM.  Graphics not a big problem.

ArizonaTank

Sadly $29, only true for the HPS published ones if buying from NWSONLINE.

The more recent games (Leipzig, Campaign 1814, Tunisia 43, etc.) are $39, from JT Software
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"

Bison

The business model changed pretty dramatically in the transfer from HPS to JTS.  Limited installations at one time to two, online serial number check, no physical copy and availible only from JTS online store through digital download. 

The JTS store is very easy to use and they have good customer service, but the changes are worth noting.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on October 06, 2012, 07:25:47 PM

Yep have bought a few from nws.... Just drives me crazy they haven't started an updated line of games since the topics are all ones that interest me.  Graphics aren't a mAjor thing for me in good games, but these graphics are so outdated that they do drive me crazy.

The graphics irk me a little bit, particularly for the Napoleonic games.  After all, the original Tiller series (Talon soft) had a pretty good looking map, and that was 15 years ago.  I am not a big "graphics" guy, but I think they could do better.

Then there is the interface.  Click, click, click....   The interface just needs to be better.  WITE is more complex than most of the Tiller scenarios, and the interface is so much more friendly, IMHO. 
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"