Groghead Game Donation Thread

Started by republic, September 05, 2013, 06:20:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

Paradox is handing out Cities in Motion (the first one) for free.  I already have it, so if anyone wants it, post here...  ...taken.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Huw the Poo

Good call; I don't need my code either so let me know if you want it.

Staggerwing

I have one as well. These free key posts are spread out over a few different threads. We should put them all under one roof, maybe in the Barracks of the 20+ Posters?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

BanzaiCat

Huh. I subscribed to their newsletter yet no code for Cities in Motion appeared. Strange.

Nefaro

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on December 22, 2014, 08:11:06 PM
Huh. I subscribed to their newsletter yet no code for Cities in Motion appeared. Strange.

I think that they have two separate newsletters, or one is called something different.  The freebies usually came through the forum login newsletter IIRC.

Deadskin

I have a free copy of Hack n' Slash http://store.steampowered.com/app/246070 that I can gift to somebody if they are interested. Just need either an email addy or you have to be on my steam friends list.

JasonPratt

http://store.steampowered.com/app/289200/

One free copy from Gamersgate (despite the Steam page for ease of reference, this is a GG download) of the old 1C pre-King's-Quest-Reboot wandering tactical strategy fantasy adventure game Ascension to the Throne.

Note that unlike Steam, the GG version requires a manually updated patch download. Otherwise I presume the editions are identical.

Also if you try to play the game at its highest resolution, it will crash, requiring you to find its folder and throw away the graphics cfg file (which for some reason is written in a code instead of text, possibly because it's Russian originally).

For some ruminations back when it latched its saucy little claws into me late last year: http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=11929.msg309817#msg309817
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Huw the Poo

Just a heads-up that I posted a giveaway in the giveaways forum - it doesn't seem to get much traffic so I thought I'd mention it here too.

Huw the Poo

Just bought the Humble Weekly Bundle and I have keys for the non-Linux games: Deadlight and Full Mojo Rampage.

BanzaiCat

I'd love Deadlight if nobody's taken it yet, Huw. Thanks!

Huw the Poo

BanzaiCat

Tpek

Predestination looking for a suitable home. :)

Silent Disapproval Robot

I'd like to try it if it's available Tpek.

Thanks

Tpek