Groghead Game Donation Thread

Started by republic, September 05, 2013, 06:20:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tpek

Quote from: Huw the Poo on December 11, 2018, 05:49:33 PM
Hmmm, wait a minute.  Do I have two copies of this game?  Apparently I have a key for the base game, a key for Ground Zeroes which I guess is an expansion, and a key for "the Definitive Experience" which the Steam store page says is all of the above plus a load of DLC?

Can anyone confirm?  If that's the case, I can let Jason have the definitive experience since he asked first, then give the other two keys to PanzersEast.

Sorry for dragging my feet but I'd rather be able to give out two copies of the game to two people if possible.

Ground Zero is a stand-alone product.
It's the prologue to the game, that depicts events that happen shortly before MGS5 proper.

A cynical person would say that given it's length, amount of content and the fact that it was originally slated to be part of MGS5 rather than stand-alone,
would call Kojima greedy for selling it separately (and originally for about $30).

The Definitive Experience is merely all the DLCs for MGS5 (and MGS5 Online).

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Tpek on December 11, 2018, 05:56:09 PM
The Definitive Experience is merely all the DLCs for MGS5 (and MGS5 Online).

But according to the Steam store page the definitive experience also includes the base game and Ground Zeroes...?

Huw the Poo

Hmm, someone on reddit says that you can't activate the definitive experience key without the other two.  But lots of people say doing that gave them a gift copy of the game.  I think the best thing to do is give all the keys to Jason and then left him gift (hopefully) the spare base game to PanzersEast.

Toonces

Damn Sambo, that's a heck of a great way to join the site!

I'd love Seven Days to Die if you still have it.   \m/
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

JasonPratt

Well, shoot, I didn't even notice and activated the Definitive experience last!  :pullhair:

It does indeed (I just checked its Steam page) include both Ground Zeroes and also the full Phantom Pain. Had I realized that, I would have sent that on to PanzersEast (I probably don't care about the DLC bling anyway) and kept the GZ/PhP game codes.

As it is, I think I wasted a second set of game copies -- activating DLC I don't even really care about!!!

...uh, I have a copy of the Killing Floor I could send to PzE...  :-[ :'( I haven't activated that code, and was never intending to anyway. I forgot I even had it.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Quote from: Tpek on December 11, 2018, 05:56:09 PM
A cynical person would say that given it's length, amount of content and the fact that it was originally slated to be part of MGS5 rather than stand-alone,
would call Kojima greedy for selling it separately (and originally for about $30).

Heck, they're still selling it separately for $20!! -- 20 minutes of cinematics, and one mission (with a few side missions as bonus on the same map).

All cynicism is justified.  :buck2:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Huw the Poo

Jason, I think the version of the Definitive Experience that we get from Humble was only the DLCs.  SteamDB

I think Konami had the extra copy for owners of the game removed.  So don't feel bad, it wouldn't have been possible anyway by the look of it.

Toonces

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

JasonPratt

Not that it matters much, since buying literally anything at GoG during the current winter sale will get you this added on for free, but I have a GoG code for Fantasy General that I don't need (because I bought it on sale long ago already).

Tpek

I also have a spare copy of Seven: The Days Long Gone ( https://store.steampowered.com/app/471010/Seven_The_Days_Long_Gone/ ) from Humble.

I tried offering it to Nefaro (seeing as he has wishlisted the game), however he hasn't responded to the PM for about a week, so it's up for grabs.

JasonPratt

Orly?! Sure, pmail me the code for that! I've had my eye on it for a while, thanks!

Tpek

Quote from: JasonPratt on December 15, 2018, 09:00:25 AM
Orly?! Sure, pmail me the code for that! I've had my eye on it for a while, thanks!

PM Sent!

JasonPratt

Pete Dero

OPERATION FLASHPOINT 2 DRAGON RISING: 67A8R-QWYAF-GVZD5 (steam key)

Anguille

I have a steam key for March of the Eagles (by Paradox) if anyone is interested. I bought it twice (forgot i already had it).  ::)