Next Total War Title?

Started by Gusington, February 01, 2012, 01:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

^Interesting but there are no winners in that game.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Martok

Quote from: Toonces on February 02, 2012, 01:51:59 PM
Call me crazy, but I actually wouldn't mind seeing them copy Neocore's King Arthur.  I would be really curious to see the CA take on this game; I'm talking the whole fantasy thing.  In fact, maybe even a fantasy-based Total War game might be interesting...
+1

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

LongBlade

I'll jump on that bandwagon. I know it's a break from their brand, but a fantasy title could be a huge win on that engine.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

TheCommandTent

I'll add another vote to the fantasy bandwagon, including my previous comments about the RPGish elements.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

MetalDog

I haven't played the Third Age mod, although I have been meaning to, but, that would certainly scratch a TW fantasy itch...wouldn't it?
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

TheCommandTent

Quote from: MetalDog on February 02, 2012, 09:45:44 PM
I haven't played the Third Age mod, although I have been meaning to, but, that would certainly scratch a TW fantasy itch...wouldn't it?

Now that you mention it that does as long as you like the Tolkien universe.  That is my favorite TW mod.  Its been a while since I've played that, I might have to install in on my new computer.  Thanks for the reminder.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Stryker07

Personally, fantasy doesn't grab me for a Total War title. The series has always been firmly planted in history. Now having every detail historically correct??? Not saying that at all. I think the mod groups are able to bring 'Fantasy: Total War' to everyone who wants it, like the excellent Middle Earth TW mod.

What I would like to see is either a full title or expansion that includes the ACW!!!  That right there would dip my cookie in a big way. At some point, I figure that every war/conflict from Ancients - 1900 will have been covered by the TW folks, in time.
Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations
Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog
GG's War in the West
Panzer Corps

Gusington

^I totally agree. I like my TW more historically centered. That's not to say that the Third Age mods are not the cat's meow. Because they are. So...I'd still like to see Victoria: Total War. The beez neez, it would be.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Been playing the latest edition of Third Age TW and there are many improvements over the previous 2. It's now among my favorites. Depending on how well FotS turns out, I could see Fall of the Confederacy( maybe with England, France and Mexico as factions), or other Imperial Age campaigns in Africa or Asia. The engine looks perfect for a South American Independence type setting. How about Boer War Total War? THat'd be a big seller. 
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

^I am praying to the gaming gods you are right. Ironclad duels! Airship recon! Killing restless natives! This sells itself really.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Mr. Bigglesworth

The history wars are getting old. :P
How's about Total War: Martian Colonies

Like the factions in Alpha Centuri
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598