Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

The horror...the horror...

An Iranian Mechanized Unit is encircled in the early morning open desert

The Iranians loose the initial salvo

Soviet mortar platoon begins to respond

Tracers light up the dark sky

Tank shells from a Soviet tank platoon begin to explode near the Iranian position

The first Iranian M113 is engulfed

More confusion as shots are exchanged

The Soviet armor begins to advance closer

A burning Iranian M113 with Soviet armor advancing in the background

More Iranian APCs burn

...and burn

...and burn

Soviet tanks on the move

A one-sided battle

Death in the desert

Munitions continue to cook

This APC remained hidden until the Soviet armor was almost point blank

The Iranian position has collapsed

Defeat and surrender
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Jarhead0331

ARMA3 - Beta...just playing with spectator mode.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Jarhead0331

Ummmm...did I manage to kill the screenshot read? It's been awfully quiet around here.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

undercovergeek

lol - they are nice shots

working away from home before next postings from me

Rayfer

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 10, 2013, 04:21:23 AM
Ummmm...did I manage to kill the screenshot read? It's been awfully quiet around here.

LOL...I hope not.  This is one of my favorite threads in these forums.  It is great seeing screenshots from games I don't own but have read about, and that includes your recent ones JH...!  The arma3 ones are incredible but I fear my 5 year old rig would have no chance of running such a game.  Keep them coming.

Nefaro

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 10, 2013, 04:21:23 AM

Shhh.

Hunting wabbits!

;D

PanzersEast

Just some random shots of flying this weekend.  I flew the CS 777 and also got down the checklist and procedures of the CS 767, 757 and QW 757.  Took the Airbus X Extended A320 for a short flight as well.  Destinations of Munich, LaGuardia, Zurich, and Phoenix Sky Harbor.

PE

jomni

Are you still having problems with the CS 777.  Many people say it's buggy.  I have it but haven't flown it extensively yet.

PanzersEast

Quote from: jomni on July 11, 2013, 05:56:08 AM
Are you still having problems with the CS 777.  Many people say it's buggy.  I have it but haven't flown it extensively yet.

It has bugs, but still flyable.  Version 1.2 was just released and includes the weather and terrain radar and other fixes.  The only real issue I hear that is lingering is the N2 red line issue while climbing and the sometimes 4000+ fpm climbs but not exceeding 5000.   It is hard to look through those who just bash CS and those who are actually trying to work with it.  I admit it is ridiculous to have to wait months on fixes, but even without 1.2 I was able to fly with some workarounds, mainly not using the VNAV and having to use the Flight change button.  The climb rate could get out of hand with using the VNAV.  I have seen one post stating that VNAV was still not fixed, but waiting to hear more feedback.

PE

Oche

Quote from: PanzersEast on July 11, 2013, 07:51:11 AM
Quote from: jomni on July 11, 2013, 05:56:08 AM

It has bugs, but still flyable.  Version 1.2 was just released and includes the weather and terrain radar and other fixes.  The only real issue I hear that is lingering is the N2 red line issue while climbing and the sometimes 4000+ fpm climbs but not exceeding 5000.   It is hard to look through those who just bash CS and those who are actually trying to work with it.  I admit it is ridiculous to have to wait months on fixes, but even without 1.2 I was able to fly with some workarounds, mainly not using the VNAV and having to use the Flight change button.  The climb rate could get out of hand with using the VNAV.  I have seen one post stating that VNAV was still not fixed, but waiting to hear more feedback.

PE

Great pics Panzer, Captain sims addons are just awesome.

PanzersEast

Quote from: Oche on July 11, 2013, 11:03:03 AM

Thanks! they are a lot of fun.  Currently the fast liners I enjoy flying CS 707, 727, 757, 767, 777, Airbus X Extended, CLS 747... among others
I plan at some point to pick up CS 737 and PMDG 737 ngx.  I have a lot of add-ons and the A2A Accusim B-17 is probably one of the best.  I also enjoy the Constellation professional.

I flew the CS 757 into Innsbruck.... a very tricky affair and one I would suggest trying.  The CDU gave me a little problems following my route, but it lined out.  Working weather radar on the HSI is a very cool feature.

PE

Oche

Quote from: PanzersEast on July 11, 2013, 11:47:59 AM
Quote from: Oche on July 11, 2013, 11:03:03 AM

Thanks! they are a lot of fun.  Currently the fast liners I enjoy flying CS 707, 727, 757, 767, 777, Airbus X Extended, CLS 747... among others
I plan at some point to pick up CS 737 and PMDG 737 ngx.  I have a lot of add-ons and the A2A Accusim B-17 is probably one of the best.  I also enjoy the Constellation professional.

I flew the CS 757 into Innsbruck.... a very tricky affair and one I would suggest trying.  The CDU gave me a little problems following my route, but it lined out.  Working weather radar on the HSI is a very cool feature.

PE

I have those too except the 767 & 777 from Captain Sim.  I'm a Boeing man as well, I enjoy those too from CS, also the CLS DC-10 collection (my favorite) and 737 PIC. The Justflight Constellation pro and DC-6 are very good as well for those of us who like prop airliners :-). Haven't experienced any addons yet from PMDG, but will most definitely buy some of their addons in the future the MD-11, 747 and the 737 NGX, Meanwhile The L-1011 from Justflight is my next addon on my wishlist.

Since the CLS products are in the "intermediate" level of simulation complexity i tend to prefer those because of the excellent user friendly CDU and instant INS alignment button, but the Captain Sim addons are just great, specially the 727 and 707 where do you don't have to deal with the long CDU config crap  ;D.

PanzersEast

Quote from: Oche on July 11, 2013, 03:40:12 PM

I have those too except the 767 & 777 from Captain Sim.  I'm a Boeing man as well, I enjoy those too from CS, also the CLS DC-10 collection (my favorite) and 737 PIC. The Justflight Constellation pro and DC-6 are very good as well for those of us who like prop airliners :-). Haven't experienced any addons yet from PMDG, but will most definitely buy some of their addons in the future the MD-11, 747 and the 737 NGX, Meanwhile The L-1011 from Justflight is my next addon on my wishlist.

Since the CLS products are in the "intermediate" level of simulation complexity i tend to prefer those because of the excellent user friendly CDU and instant INS alignment button, but the Captain Sim addons are just great, specially the 727 and 707 where do you don't have to deal with the long CDU config crap  ;D.

I have the DC-10 and the SkySim MD-11, and I really enjoy the DC-10.  The L-1011 is on my list as well, but have to get the 737 from CS first.  I always take my flights from a cold and dark to startup, very fun.  I really enjoy the Aerosoft's Airbus X Extended, an very well done package.  On my wish list is:

CaptainSim 737
BlackBox A330
JustFlight L-1011
Flight1 King Air B200
PMDG 737 ngx

- Clear Skies -
PE

jomni

Since were doing flightsim stuff.

Oche, I still owe you the CLS files.  I'll have to dig them up.

PanzersEast

Nice shots jomni, is that the Majestic Dash 8?  From what I have seen and read, is it worth the purchase?

PE