Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

I see that your Overextension warning is up, Kushan.  If it gets too high, by your forceful taking of foreign territory, it'll push your rebel problem to new heights.  :D

The downside to hostile expansion is higher in EU4, methinks.  That's probably a good thing otherwise you get hit with the fast & massive blobbing of EU3, and you don't see subject nations permanently regaining their independence due to rebel uprisings.  I like that both the penalty for quick expansion and rebellions have more teeth now.  Fortunately the AI has also been wary enough of it that it's nations don't blob out as quickly either. 

I've not been taking more than two provinces in a peace deal, at any one time.  Until those are Cored I haven't taken anything else so that my Overextension, and therefore my rebel problem, doesn't get out of hand.  Fortunately I have been expanding more in the colonies so I don't need to war in Europe much.  If I were a landlocked nation, however, it would be trickier.  I may push my self-imposed Overextension limits out a bit further when it comes to warring the Huron in america, as their provinces aren't worth as much Tax income, which is what Overextension is caclulated from.  :)  I've been dominating the Fur trade by having ~25% of the market and that extra +1 Prestige per year, along with the Great Monument building that gives another +1, has been keeping my Prestige up pretty high without needing to war & win much.  8)

While I could only play EU3 for a couple hours at a time, and would regularly drop it for something else, EU4 has really put the hooks in me.  I've already played the damn thing for 73 hours!  :o  Sleep is for the weak!  :P   They did a superb job in making it fun & interesting.

1649 -  AI Portugal's leadership of a Personal Union with Castile pays off big in terms of colonies.  :o  My long-held alliance with France is probably what keeps Portugal from DOW'ing me and taking some of mine.  Holland, Persia, Russia have all been formed and survived their initial chaos.   :)

Kushan

Quote from: Nefaro on August 20, 2013, 05:11:14 PM
I see that your Overextension warning is up, Kushan.  If it gets too high, by your forceful taking of foreign territory, it'll push your rebel problem to new heights.  :D

Its at 188% to be exact. I've got rebellions breaking out all over the place right now. Most of my army has been sent back to Mexico. I've only got 10 regiments covering Spain.....

Man power is going to be a real problem if things get worse. I went from 30k down to 20k in the last few years alone. A lot of that was from raising new regiments to cover Spain, but takign on 15+ stacks of rebels is beginning to takes it toll. Thankfully my 30+ regiment army in Mexico seems to be taking less losses now that its been reinforced from the 10-14 regiments I had left there initially for security.

If France or one of the other great powers comes after me, I'm really going to be screwed. Last I checked France has 50+k troops active and another 75+k in reserve.....

Good news is that I should have between 1-3+ provinces finish coring over the next 1-4 game years. After that my trade income should shoot through the roof since I will control the Mexico trade node completely and have the majority of the trade in the Caribbean and Seville nodes.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Nefaro

Ouch .. 188%?  That's gotta be brutal.

jomni

Canadian forces assaulting a town under cover of smoke.   
The mission ended as a minor defeat for my side.

Whenever I finish a Combat Mission Shock Force campaign mission, I feel quite drained.  Individually baby-sitting all those squads and vehicles in house to house combat and trying not to get them killed is very taxing.  It's a slow process and I usually run out of time.  Casualties then get carried over the next mission so losses are very depressing and I lose all the motivation to continue or finish the campaign.

Does anyone feel the same way?

Nefaro

Quote from: jomni on August 24, 2013, 12:33:28 AM

Whenever I finish a Combat Mission Shock Force campaign mission, I feel quite drained.  Individually baby-sitting all those squads and vehicles in house to house combat and trying not to get them killed is very taxing.  It's a slow process and I usually run out of time.  Casualties then get carried over the next mission so losses are very depressing and I lose all the motivation to continue or finish the campaign.

Yes, absolutely.

I never played more than a handful of missions in CMSF (and the random battle generator was crap) because it felt like such a huge chore to micro-manage all the units only to have them die very quickly the first time they were spotted.  It drained my will to play, even though I kept coming back to it for awhile. 

Something else that would drive me away was that playing as the Syrians just wasn't that interesting unless you came up with a red-on-red scenario.  I suppose that was part of the reason they later released CM Afghanistan, so you could use Soviet equipment without being overmatched in equipment quality.  I would think in that case it wouldn't be fun at all to play the other side, either.  Even worse actually. 

So feeling compelled to only play one side kinda hurt it too.  There may be a few fanboy types who generally only play one side in certain periods **cough* WW2 *cough** but I'm not one of those.

panzerde

Quote from: jomni on August 24, 2013, 12:33:28 AM

I find all the CMx2 games take a lot of mental effort.  There's a lot of micro-management and you're right, one mistake can really rack up the casualties.  In CMSF this is particularly difficult since tolerance for casualties in modern combat is much lower than WW2. I tend to play a scenario and then go do something else for awhile; trying to string scenarios together is too exhausting! 

Having said that, the games do reward using good tactics.  This is a great tutorial on MOUT operations and clearing buildings: http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=82927.  Following that approach significantly reduced my losses. These days I tend to take more losses from friendly fire than anything else, due to mistimed air and artillery strikes.

I'm playing a lot of CMBN and CMFI now and I struggle to get my head out of the CMSF space where victory = no or few casualties.  That's just not possible in the WW2 era, particularly now that machine guns have been made so much more lethal.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

jomni

Thanks for the tips.  I don't have their WW2 titles so I don't know that casualty tolerance is different there. 

-budd-

Well after not being able to get the new CM games to run on my computer it inspired me to load up the first 3 games. I've spent all week modding them. There are alot of nice mods, not to mention scenarios and campaigns. I went kind of mod crazy i have 3 installs of CMAK, added around a 1000 scenarios and campaigns to CMBO & CMBB not to mention replacing most of the BMP's. It was nice to find packages of scenario's and BMP"S made things go easier. A big thank you to all who took the time to do these mods.

So i'm up and ready for my CM orgy of destruction :)

Up first........defending the Villers-Bocage......here come the tiger's

One of the mortar crew was killed/wounded from debris from that building, never got a round off. Here the Platoon HQ was forced to leave the building....didn't make it to the next building.

waited for the one shot....no joy..this was my fault, i should of set the start of the armor arc for the side shot. Wonder if he'll get another shot.

it's not looking good.

nope.. no second chances here.

Tiger rolls down the road.... we get a nice close shot at the side.....knocked out...1 down.

A second tiger rolls down the same road, we get the first shot off...no damage..he tries to reverse out of there...didn't make it. Was hoping for a 2'fer.

same tiger who knocked out my tank keeps rolling down the road. Comes under fire from a different tank, we get three hits and knock the tank out. I reversed the tank behind the building after the kill.

I roll the tank out from behind the building and another tank rolls down the road...we get a hit...no damage...the tiger reverses before we get off a second shot.

I'm 20 turns in out of 30+ ...... 4 tigers down , plus a platoon for sure.....my left flank AT gun got a kill also when they tried to roll on my left flank. I'm 1 tank, 1 mortar crew, 1 piat, 1 platoon HQ down and a few wounded.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

jomni

Nice to see some interest on civilian flight simming in the boards. :)

More Tigerair. Old paint this time.

PanzersEast

Couple of shots.... tried out the JF L-1011... good graphics, systems are on the lite side.

jomni

I usually fly at night.

ANA 737 ready for taxi at Naha Int'l in Japan.  Pushback truck disconnected.

Tigerair A320 landing at Soekarno Hatta Int'l in Indonesia.

jomni

Aliens have a tough life. :(  Especially when our eyes are inside our mouths.

Building a wall of booger.

Got to avoid their firepower. :(

There goes our hive.

Tinkershuffle

Fear and loathing on the outskirts of Polevaya.

Bison

Ha!  That's some serious armored carnage.