Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MengJiao

Another shot from Iron Front:

W8taminute

^Looks pretty cool MengJiao.  But is that a Soviet with a Panzerschrek standing next to a German artillery tractor with a German soldier on it?
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

MengJiao

Quote from: W8taminute on May 30, 2012, 10:28:19 AM
^Looks pretty cool MengJiao.  But is that a Soviet with a Panzerschrek standing next to a German artillery tractor with a German soldier on it?

That was an odd moment.  I usually take the Russian troop-type who has a (presumably captured) Panzershrek, so that part is only odd from the game design point of view (ie decide to give the Russians Some German weapons).  The German halftrack was on hand for a firefight and I usually come over to the German positions after the battle to see what happened.  In this case, the driver and the guy sitting in back were dead, but the halftrack was still driving and it was running over and over into the tree in front of it.  I shut off the engine and took the screenshot.
As often happens in ARMA games, it is sometimes hard to reconstruct what happened when you go over the battlefield.  I would guess this german crew and passenger (troops tend to get onto vehicles a lot in this version of ARMA 2) were killed by MG fire, but there was a lot of shooting when I first got to the German position so maybe one of my assistants shot somebody (I usually have a few riflemen with me when I go to look over the remains of the enemy -- you never can tell when somebody might be lurking -- in one case I found an MG42 crew trapped under a destroyed PAK40 -- it was hard to find an angle from which to shoot them and of course I had to borrow some ammunition and do it myself)

W8taminute

Thanks for the explanation.  That's a good idea to go and survey the results of the battle.  Never thought to do that, but then again I believe ARMA is the only game that let's you do that. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

MengJiao

Quote from: W8taminute on May 30, 2012, 11:05:36 AM
Thanks for the explanation.  That's a good idea to go and survey the results of the battle.  Never thought to do that, but then again I believe ARMA is the only game that let's you do that.

Blown up Panther in Iron Front.   This is a rare thing for me to see so I took a screenshot:

LongBlade

Quote from: MengJiao on May 31, 2012, 08:45:55 AM
Blown up Panther in Iron Front.   This is a rare thing for me to see so I took a screenshot:

What cause it?
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

MengJiao

Quote from: LongBlade on May 31, 2012, 12:10:13 PM
Quote from: MengJiao on May 31, 2012, 08:45:55 AM

What cause it?

I'm pretty sure it was a hit from the side by a 85mm shell, but the Russians have a range of shell types and I was firing a 76mm gun with the relatively rare APCR (? special kind of AP?) shell and it may have hit the underside since I was shooting from downhill from close range and it blew up
right after I fired.  The explosion was spectacular, but the Panther never loses its turret (unlike the PZKWIVH), though you can see a burned area around the wreck.  There were no survivors and not even any bodies (a less explosive demise leaves the dead crew sticking out some times) and some damage allows most of the crew to escape...but not even any remains of the crew at all in this case.

LongBlade

Quote from: MengJiao on May 31, 2012, 12:26:58 PM
I'm pretty sure it was a hit from the side by a 85mm shell, but the Russians have a range of shell types and I was firing a 76mm gun with the relatively rare APCR (? special kind of AP?) shell and it may have hit the underside since I was shooting from downhill from close range and it blew up
right after I fired.  The explosion was spectacular, but the Panther never loses its turret (unlike the PZKWIVH), though you can see a burned area around the wreck.  There were no survivors and not even any bodies (a less explosive demise leaves the dead crew sticking out some times) and some damage allows most of the crew to escape...but not even any remains of the crew at all in this case.

Thanks.

APCR stands for Armor Piercing Composite Rigid.

You'll want to get with some of the tankers here who will be better qualified to teach you the technical details.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

ArizonaTank

My German opponent "vicberg" at the gates of Moscow mid-Nov 1941 in War in the East.  Stalin says:  "Let it Snow"

http://

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

bayonetbrant

Ah yes, the floating icons in Civ V - apparently I'm not the only one to experience this :)

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Barthheart

Quote from: bayonetbrant on June 12, 2012, 10:14:07 AM
Ah yes, the floating icons in Civ V - apparently I'm not the only one to experience this :)

Yep I get that if I've got a huge long game going and have been playing for hours.  :P

Gusington

I have to load up some shots of the Indian Mutiny mod I am playing for Empire Total War. At first the mod seemed half baked to me and the campaign is pretty half baked. But the tactical battles and units are obviously where the attention was paid. Gotta load a few images up when I can.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bismarck

OK, how do I insert a screenie?

Jim Cobb

Bison

Bis hit the reply button > insert image (little mona lisa icon) > paste in image url 

That's it.

Bismarck

How do I get an URL for a screenie:
Jim Cobb