Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Computer Gaming / Re: Steam Summer Sale Starts Tomorrow - June 24th
« Last post by Skoop on Today at 04:20:41 PM »
I pounced with restraint:

Crush Depth: U-Boat Simulator - $44.61

Crush Depth looks really intriguing, a Uboat mmo.  Really early in development, brave man for taking the plung.  What they are planning seems really cool though.
Current Events / Re: FL apartment building collapsed
« Last post by Dammit Carl! on Today at 04:11:57 PM »
There had to be some obvious telltale signs that something this catastrophic was going to happen, sinkhole, fatigue, rot, or whatever the cause.

Probably, but if there was such a long time between inspections by certified engineers, then who knows?
« Last post by al_infierno on Today at 04:02:47 PM »
Yeah, for such a cheap price I agree Far Cry 5 is totally worth it.  It has as lot of issues but it's a fun shooter, and the best of the modern Far Cry series IMO, largely because they removed the annoying grindy mechanics around finding animal skins.  Now hunting is just to get some extra cash.
« Last post by ArizonaTank on Today at 03:42:02 PM »
Is Far Cry 5 any good? Heavily discounted.

Nope.  It looks nice but it's very shallow and very repetitive......

I am on the other side. I had a alot of fun with Far Cry 5.  Not perfect, but you certainly would be getting a whole bunch of gaming for the $9 sale price.

I put about 50 hours in, and enjoyed most of that time. Sure, it can be repetitive at times, but I kind of like that. Its an open world so there is some strategy in picking where to attack. Taking down the bad guys strong points for example and choosing weapons and approach. 

Gameplay is similar to the Just Cause series that I would also recommend.

I even like the somewhat strange Far Cry New Dawn (30 hours in that one).

My biggest issue with the game was that I didn't really like some of the mandatory missions...the game just sweeps you off on some task now and then that you can't get out of doing it...some of them are strange dream sequences that are used to advance the story...but I did find them a bit tedious at times. 
« Last post by Gusington on Today at 03:40:32 PM »
There had to be some obvious telltale signs that something this catastrophic was going to happen, sinkhole, fatigue, rot, or whatever the cause.
« Last post by Dammit Carl! on Today at 03:33:40 PM »
Would guess that it may have something to do with higher water tables affecting foundation(s) & piles (or maybe sinkholes - there was that lake in Florida that went dry lately) moreso than dreamt of when the building was constructed - but I ain't no engineer, so I'm guessing like any other layman.

Certainly expect a serious amount of deep and detailed building inspections to happen now in the area, but don't think DeSantis is going to mandate anything.

Hell, could fully expect a Federal mandate to tighten up inspection times if more buildings prove to be in similarly poor condition.
« Last post by Gusington on Today at 03:22:25 PM »
Does that mean for the last 40 years, since it was built, there have been minimal or even no inspections?
« Last post by steve58 on Today at 03:19:01 PM »
I would like to know how a building gets to that state without any clues that something bad is imminent.

Good question.  Apparently it was due for a 40 year inspection.  Guess they need to make it 20 or 30 year inspections. 
General Discussion / Re: THEC64
« Last post by Gusington on Today at 03:13:49 PM »
Breh even I programmed my C64 back in the 80s. And my cousin's VIC-20. Never programmed my Amiga as that started to get a bit more complex.
« Last post by Gusington on Today at 03:12:52 PM »
I would like to know how a building gets to that state without any clues that something bad is imminent.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10