Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Computer Gaming / Re: Steam End of Year Sale Events Starting Today
« Last post by Redwolf on Today at 11:48:38 AM »
Dreading the next DCS sale.

... and the Mosquito is on sale with 50% off. Goodbye 30 bucks.
Tabletop AARs / Late June 1794: Fleurus
« Last post by MengJiao on Today at 10:54:53 AM »
  Looking at late-18th century- early 19th century grand tactical.  This one is vol 3 of Soldiers of the Republic.  It has hexes of 600 meters and 1.5 hour turns and works well.
Here you can see the Army of the Sambre-et-Meuse holding off the armies of the First Coalition.  Fleurus is famous for being the first battle featuring aerial recon (a balloon) and
for probably playing a role in ending the Terror, though Saint-Just is in the game -- That's him in the hat at Gosselies:

I think I prefer the Lynch version.  This new one looks great and is well acted but I felt that it didnt convey same sense of epicness.  I get that the director wanted to personalize it and focus more on Paul, but for me it felt a bit...small. I would've Ikeda to see the Emperor and have a bit of the back story explained.    I was kind of surprised that they didn't take the time to explain the different Guilds more or why there are no AIs, robots, and the like, given the longer run time of this film. 
Computer Gaming / Re: Share your videos!
« Last post by MOS:96B2P on Today at 09:30:09 AM »
Here is my latest where Apache goes off to drink at Fiddler’s Green

Lots of cool stuff in the videos.  I wish the best features Combat Mission and Armored Brigade could be combined.  And maybe some Flashpoint Red Storm features.  Then IMO we would have something very close to the ultimate 20th century wargame.     
« Last post by Redwolf on Today at 09:16:19 AM »
Dreading the next DCS sale.
Computer Gaming / Re: Share your videos!
« Last post by Russell Ian on Today at 08:01:45 AM »

What's left of TF 5-18 fights a speedbump action against a Soviet MRR in 1989 SW of Fulda.
« Last post by FlickJax on Today at 06:11:22 AM »
Yeah, has to be something I really want now, not just on my wishlist
Computer Gaming / Re: Hellish Quart - Anyone?
« Last post by smithcorp on Today at 05:09:59 AM »
I want it to be first-person. Seems like it should be an option doesn't it?
Computer Gaming / Steam End of Year Sale Events Starting Today
« Last post by Grim.Reaper on Today at 04:54:22 AM »
Seems like we are about to start the various end of year Steam sales......at least for me, these have become non-events as in most cases (at least for stuff I want) as similar pricing is available throughout the year and not significant enough like they used to be back in the "old days".

October 28 - November 1: Halloween sale
November 24 - 30: Fall sale
December 22 - January 5: Winter sale
Computer Gaming / Re: DCS Discussion
« Last post by Destraex on Yesterday at 06:08:18 PM »

Glad to hear you like it. She is a good first jet.

Yeah, I can see that.  Probably the first one I should've tried.

Very few modules I don't own now.   Trying to talk myself out of getting the Hind, I-16 and Mirage just to win at PokeDCS.

I hear you. You have to wonder whether if the current batch of module style DLC games we have had for the past 10 years or so went broke and closed down whether we would miss the money.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10