GROGHEADS Steam Group

Started by Bison, January 29, 2012, 12:21:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bison

iirc you can drop into the tactical battles to replace the AI controlled army.  I don't believe there is a joint campaign.

Gusington

^Can you do that in ETW? I didn't think that was available until NTW.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bison

I don't remember.  I haven't played ETW in over a year.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Bison

It has a multiplayer part and I'm pretty sure that is it.

Bison

Or it's a set battle piece that you and an opponent pick sides to battle.

W8taminute

Quote from: Barthheart on February 16, 2012, 02:54:47 PM
I'd be up for trying a Civ IV game as well. Never played it MP.

Thanks for the mod link W8taminute, I'll try it out tonight if a get a chance..... just need to remember how Civ IV works after so much Civ V lately... :o

Hi Barthheart, it's good to see you here.  I would love to play Civ IV online with you as well.  I learned a lot during our Advanced Tactics Gold PBEM's.  You're gonna love Realism Invictus, it truly makes the game more realistic but it only works with Beyond the Sword.  Gus that might mean you would not be able to experience the mods' awesomeness. 

So here is my schedule atm:  Sunday, Wednesday, and Friday evenings are spent with MetalDog on Civ IV online.  Maybe we can expand our game to include others and make it a great experience.  We tend to play for an hour so nothing heavy duty here.  We're flexible and accommodating.  Saturday evenings would work for me too Gus.

In general I'm free for online play at 9:30PM East Coast Time.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

W8taminute

Quote from: Martok on February 16, 2012, 03:21:27 PM
Quote from: W8taminute on February 16, 2012, 01:37:42 PM
Put me down for Dawn of War II, CiV, Shogun 2, and Empire: Total War.  Message me in advance for making a play date.

Can ETW be played online in campaign mode?  I never was clear as to whether they worked that out.

I thought I saw a section in the main menu for multiplayer, but now that I think of it you might be right.  Online Campaign mode might not exist for E:TW, just those historic battles scenarios.  Let me check that tonight.  I do have Napolean Total War though and that does indeed have an online campaign mode.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Gusington

Sounds good W8. I should be around this Saturday night. Just let me know. I have Civ IV Complete btw...including BTS.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Barthheart

Quote from: W8taminute on February 16, 2012, 04:20:34 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on February 16, 2012, 02:54:47 PM
I'd be up for trying a Civ IV game as well. Never played it MP.

Thanks for the mod link W8taminute, I'll try it out tonight if a get a chance..... just need to remember how Civ IV works after so much Civ V lately... :o

Hi Barthheart, it's good to see you here.  I would love to play Civ IV online with you as well.  I learned a lot during our Advanced Tactics Gold PBEM's.  You're gonna love Realism Invictus, it truly makes the game more realistic but it only works with Beyond the Sword.  Gus that might mean you would not be able to experience the mods' awesomeness. 

So here is my schedule atm:  Sunday, Wednesday, and Friday evenings are spent with MetalDog on Civ IV online.  Maybe we can expand our game to include others and make it a great experience.  We tend to play for an hour so nothing heavy duty here.  We're flexible and accommodating.  Saturday evenings would work for me too Gus.

In general I'm free for online play at 9:30PM East Coast Time.

My schedule is normally Mon-Thu 7 EST to 9 EST, but this can be altered with enough notice.
Fri and Sat can usually play later... unless it's a date night then I'm busy all evening.  ;)

W8taminute

Good to know Barthheart thanks for the times your available.  I'll look for you on Steam, that is of course if your not out carousing!

Gus, I'll look for you on Steam Saturday night around 9:30.  Let me just double check with my commanding officer (aka The WifeTM) to make sure she hasn't planned any last minute activities.  LOL

Realism Invictus will work great with Civ IV Complete!

Gusington

Downloading it now and the manual. Is it mod foldered? Do I have to disable other mods?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

MetalDog

I am VERY much interested in a Civ IV MP with you fellows.  Friday is better than Saturday for right now.  Once the girlfriend and I get into a routine, Saturday nights will free up.  On a related note, I'm going to introduce her to Civ.  I'm HOPING she'll dig it and we can add another player, but I'm not holding my breath.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

Crap 'Phro I forgot you're getting some.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd