Best Looking Counters

Started by bayonetbrant, February 02, 2012, 10:16:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Here's a new set that looks pretty nice

click to enlarge

they're a set of custom counters for TCS "Objective: Schmidt"
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

For comparison, here are the originals

click to really enlarge
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Nefaro

Nice.

I recall the original style ones from the sister game I had, Bloody 110.   Wasn't bad for the time but rather minimalist for today.

TacticalWargames

I do prefer top down than side on or 3D for AFV's.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Mad Russian on February 09, 2014, 10:28:11 PM
Those counters are insane!!! WAY TOO BUSY for these old eyes!

Good Hunting.

MR

Exactly, the older I get, the more "clean" I like my counters to be.  The alternate counter set in MMP's "A Victory Lost" are just my sort of counters.  They look very nice on the board, big numbers, not too busy.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/159090/victory-lost
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

bayonetbrant

bob48

Are those from 'Liberty Roads'?
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Bison

It should be against the Grogheads by-laws to post an image of counters without the name of the game.  :)

mirth

Quote from: Bison on August 06, 2015, 07:25:18 AM
It should be against the Grogheads by-laws to post an image of counters without the name of the game.  :)

It is, but in typical fashion, the leadership likes to think it is above the law.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Bison

This is clearly a cruel joke being played by Brant.

bayonetbrant

{D} All of the above

They're from the forthcoming sequel to Liberty Roads

GJK

Quote from: bayonetbrant on August 06, 2015, 07:22:35 AM

The unit specific icons are neat to have in a game.  It gives the counters some personality.  That said, I think in this case they are way too overpowering....makes me wonder what a cluttered mess the map will look like when it's full of those multicolored counters.  Personally, I'd switch the NATO symbol with the unit badge, making the NATO symbol the predominant depiction and the badge tucked into the corner just to give it a bit of personality.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Paul

QuoteFor comparison, here are the originals...

To be honest, I like the older counters. I can appreciate the counter art that is possible now, but I'm not much for "circus wagon" design. Less is more to me. I may be contrarian in this. :)