High Frontier

Started by DicedT, April 19, 2012, 05:33:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

So nice, I've now backed it twice.

Thought about getting the upgrade kit, but may as well get a full set for a bit more.  It's nice to have upgrade kit options, but the prices just make me wonder why I don't get a full new game and just sell off the old one at some point.

Yskonyn

Heads up: The pre-order price at their website gives you a much worse deal on pricing compared to making a late pledge via the pledgemanager.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Rekim

The base game looks pretty involved. I've decided to pass on the expansion modules at this point. Has anyone played the 'Terawatt & Futures' and/or 'Colonization' modules and have an opinion on their value?

Tripoli

Quote from: Nefaro on December 30, 2019, 12:34:29 PM

Thought about getting the upgrade kit, but may as well get a full set for a bit more.  It's nice to have upgrade kit options, but the prices just make me wonder why I don't get a full new game and just sell off the old one at some point.

I'm going to ask a dumb question: I'm a sucker for space exploration games.  In terms of playability, how is this compare to Kerbal?  It does look incredibly involved, so I'm not sure I would ever play it, as compared to a game of Kerbal of BASPM.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Nefaro

Quote from: Tripoli on December 31, 2019, 11:43:21 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on December 30, 2019, 12:34:29 PM

I'm going to ask a dumb question: I'm a sucker for space exploration games.  In terms of playability, how is this compare to Kerbal?  It does look incredibly involved, so I'm not sure I would ever play it, as compared to a game of Kerbal of BASPM.

You're gonna have an easier time playing anything akin to this as a computer game.  Especially when you're learning.  It's got quite a learning curve, being a rather unique tabletop game.

That said, this tabletop game is different than KSP.  Even though it covers a similar subject, it's approach isn't the same.