XCOM: Enemy Within on Android

Started by James Sterrett, January 20, 2015, 09:47:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Sterrett

It contains all the content of Enemy Unknown...  and it works very well on my tablet!   :D

JasonPratt

I thought about pointing my brother toward that -- he ought to remember me playing the original UFO: Enemy Unknown back in our college dorm room (somehow I got the British version, hearkening back to the 60s TV show in its title as a nod to its game design, not the American X-Com label).

However, I've read that the game is randomly unstable (depending on the make and model of droid, even recent models), which seems a big risk to take on a relatively high-dollar game.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

PAK

On my Asus FHD10 (Andy 4.3) it doesn't even want to install...

GenSlack

I am leery of that, too.  I purchased Terraria.  It worked fine for months then this big update comes up and suddenly a game I paid for is unplayable (it force closes immediately) and their patches since have not solved the problem.  Definitely an instance where the fractured android market is a big problem, making premium purchases on my part even less likely and with distrustful customers not making purchases developers are less willing to port good games to Android.  A vicious cycle.

Quote from: JasonPratt on January 21, 2015, 08:46:14 AM
I thought about pointing my brother toward that -- he ought to remember me playing the original UFO: Enemy Unknown back in our college dorm room (somehow I got the British version, hearkening back to the 60s TV show in its title as a nod to its game design, not the American X-Com label).

However, I've read that the game is randomly unstable (depending on the make and model of droid, even recent models), which seems a big risk to take on a relatively high-dollar game.

James Sterrett

Enemy Unknown would not run on my table.   Enemy Within runs fine.  I don't know why.....

bayonetbrant

Quote from: James Sterrett on January 21, 2015, 10:33:13 PMwould not run on my table

you need to upgrade!  just add a "t" to the end, and voila! problem solved :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers