Old School Tactical up on Kickstarter

Started by Barthheart, February 13, 2015, 02:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

Quote from: bob48 on February 27, 2015, 11:44:38 AM
OK Vance, now you definitely have my interest up  O0

Jump in Bob, the waters great!  :coolsmiley:

panzerde

Darn it Vance! You got me to cave. Backed.

To be fair, that gorgeous Red Square map pretty much tipped me over the edge. I'm hoping someone has an early copy at Origins we can play...

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Jamm

Quote from: panzerde on February 27, 2015, 09:38:59 PM

To be fair, that gorgeous Red Square map pretty much tipped me over the edge. I'm hoping someone has an early copy at Origins we can play...

Awesome O0
I still have to get that map to the printer so I can begin play on it
When the going gets weird
the weird turn pro

Barthheart

Quote from: panzerde on February 27, 2015, 09:38:59 PM

Me too. That would be a great place to show case it.

Jamm

Quote from: Barthheart on February 27, 2015, 11:39:18 AM
Played last night over VASSAL with Mark and Shayne there to watch and answer questions.

Interesting system. Takes some getting used to the kind of free form turn but once you get going it flows well.
I like the infantry CRT, no chance to use the AP one yet. Unit morale is set by scenario rather than on the counter. When taking fire and you shake or break you have a chance to shrug it off if you can make a roll against your morale. But when you take casualties you always take casualties.

Good stuff.  O0

Was cool to watch you and Kev playing OST.
I think the system does make for dynamic battles.
:)
When the going gets weird
the weird turn pro

bayonetbrant

Jamm - you're gonna be at Origins, right?  ;)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Staggerwing

What's the expected retail price for the game after kickstarter?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Barthheart

Quote from: Staggerwing on February 28, 2015, 08:57:11 AM
What's the expected retail price for the game after kickstarter?

About $85 I believe.

TacticalWargames

Sounds like it will play OK solo then.

Quote from: Barthheart on February 24, 2015, 09:49:24 AM
There are no spotting rules in this game. You can shoot at anything on the map... as long as you have a clear LoS.

Spotting in LnL is one of my favourite mechanisms in that series. It takes away the need for hidden units and some to the "All Seeing Eye" aspect.

bob48

^I hope so, since most of my gaming is solo.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Barthheart

Mad Russian

Was wondering what the rest of the stretch goals look like. The "Coming Soon" is already past the half way mark with 'soon' not in sight.

Anybody got an idea of what they might be?

Good Hunting.

MR
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Barthheart

Mark is trying to come up with stuff that won't delay the deliver if the project as is....

Mad Russian

That makes the project look like it has poor planning. Why would you start a KS program and not have figured out what your stretch goals are instead of just putting "Coming Soon"? They are already 2/3 of the way through the time frame for the project.

Maybe it got more funding than they thought it would and were caught by surprise.

Good Hunting.

MR
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Barthheart

Quote from: Mad Russian on March 02, 2015, 09:28:56 AM
Maybe it got more funding than they thought it would and were caught by surprise.

Good Hunting.

MR

I believe it's this. Squad level gaming is pretty crowded these days after all....