GMT's MBT

Started by Tinkershuffle, July 05, 2015, 09:54:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Quote from: Tinkershuffle on July 22, 2016, 10:15:37 AM
Quote from: mirth on July 22, 2016, 09:42:31 AM
A buddy of mine received his pre-order copy this week. We're giving it a play tonight.

Sounds excellent, I want pics!

The pics I got aren't really worth posting unfortunately. Can't say enough good things about the game though. It's tops on my list of new game acquisitions. And as an FYI, it will be easy to convert the rules/scenarios to use with miniatures.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Tinkershuffle

I've tried to purchase the game both yesterday and today but the add to cart -button is for some reason redirecting to Panzer pusher site, maybe it means the pre-order sale is over.  :P

mirth

Quote from: Tinkershuffle on July 25, 2016, 02:16:42 PM
I've tried to purchase the game both yesterday and today but the add to cart -button is for some reason redirecting to Panzer pusher site, maybe it means the pre-order sale is over.  :P

That's a bug with the site. I sent them an email to let them know.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth

They fixed the cart button for MBT and it looks like it's still available for the sale price.

https://www.gmtgames.com/ShoppingCart.aspx?add=true&ReturnUrl=showproduct.aspx?ProductID=478

Tinkershuffle

Thanks, ordering today!

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Tinkershuffle on July 22, 2016, 09:38:10 AM
I heard the game is being shipped right now, has anyone here gotten their copy yet? I probably need to place my order this weekend.

Got my copy last week.  But I am pretty close to the warehouse, so guessing that made it faster.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

BanzaiCat

$95 on GMT's site

$76 on Amazon

Hmmm...

BanzaiCat

Day-yyyuuuuuummmm...though I have upcoming Amazon credit to use.

Looks like a great game just from what I've seen in pics. Will watch some let's play vids when I have more time.

Nefaro

Edit:

Aren't they making more add-ons for it too?

mirth

Quote from: Nefaro on November 07, 2017, 02:32:47 PM
Edit:

Aren't they making more add-ons for it too?

Yes. I think the BAOR expansion is next up.

JudgeDredd

I'm certain I have this in the loft. If I don't I did....I know I had it.

Well - turns out I don't have it in the loft. I've no idea where that went. What I do have is these classics...

I don't have the map for this. IIRC when I bought it I mounted it on a HUGE piece of chipboard and left it back in my first house in 2000 when I moved  :-\

Alba gu' brath

Zulu1966

My god. That tank battle game. That picture bought back all kinds of memories.
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

BanzaiCat

TSR made some pretty interesting games back in the day. I think I still have A Line In The Sand and Battle Of The Bulge...somewhere.

Could be like JD in that I think they're up in the loft, but they won't be.

Jamm

Yes I had that MB tank game back when I was a kid 8)
When the going gets weird
the weird turn pro